Do Rogers Wireless Stores repair cracked screens for LG Nexus 5?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Do Rogers Wireless Stores repair cracked screens for LG Nexus 5?

Does anyone know if Rogers wireless stores offer repairs for cracked screens? My sister is moving back to BC from Toronto where she bought her phone and she was thinking of asking any of the rogers wireless stores here if they could repair cracked screens..

Do they actually do that though? her phone isn't new or anything, she bought it a long time ago at a rogers store but recently she dropped her phone and it cracked but was wondering if they offered repairs.

thanks.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Do Rogers Wireless Stores repair cracked screens for LG Nexus 5?

Hello mdb1983

Unfortunately stores do NOT fix any damages to the devices. They will have to send it into repair which can take up too 14 business day to get back. Also be advised that seeing as the screen is broken, it will cost you to have it fixed if u send it into repair. The cost will be hefty so i would suggest just going to a local cellphone shop to see if they can fix it for a lower price or contacting LG and see what they say. Warranty does NOT cover physical damage aka screen damage even if the device had warranty.

So no the store it self won't be able to replace or fix it. They will send it into repair and then contact u with the price and if u wish to fix it or not. This can take 14 business days as well.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mdb1983

Unfortunately stores do NOT fix any damages to the devices. They will have to send it into repair which can take up too 14 business day to get back. Also be advised that seeing as the screen is broken, it will cost you to have it fixed if u send it into repair. The cost will be hefty so i would suggest just going to a local cellphone shop to see if they can fix it for a lower price or contacting LG and see what they say. Warranty does NOT cover physical damage aka screen damage even if the device had warranty.

So no the store it self won't be able to replace or fix it. They will send it into repair and then contact u with the price and if u wish to fix it or not. This can take 14 business days as well.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Meowmix, thanks for responding.

I had a feeling that it would cost more to send it in than to go to a local repair shop but she thought maybe it be cheaper...

the local repair shop are asking between 175-220 so i'm guessing it'll cost more if she asked a rogers store for repair.

i think she was also worried about how reliable those repair shops are as well but i always thought they do a decent service.

thanks for your help Cat Happy

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mdb1983

It might be the same thing as per the cost but we really do not know as they use original parts for the phone sent via the manufacturer. Some cellphone shops do not do that & ue third party parts but its up to you on how much money u are willing to pay to get it fixed.

The repair shop at Rogers is a well known repair facility which works with all the carriers in Canada including Blackberry, Sony, Apple, HTC & Samsung. So i would go via that root if i were you but again its really up to your pocket & what u guys decide to do!

You are welcome!:)
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

yeah, i think she wants to take it to a repair shop at rogers cause it seems like a safer route for her. but of course if the repair cost is more than she expected then she might just get a new phone as well. thanks for the suggestion and help Cat Embarassed

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mdb1983

Yeah that is true! Hopefully it is NOT that expensive & she can get it repaired! You are welcome!:)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What phone is it? $220 repair is only worth it for S5 and up.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nexxusty

If you read the post, it would be the Nexus 5. With Rogers it does cost $200+ to replace the screen and service it.. Same with LG.. Others charge less like Pacific mall per say but u aren't guaranteed the device won't have any damage per say