Current APN Settings for MMS

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Current APN Settings for MMS

I'm having trouble sending picture messages and Rogers won't help me because it's an unlocked phone. Does anyone know the current APN settings I should be using?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Current APN Settings for MMS

How to configure an iPhone (all models)

Insert your Rogers SIM card and turn the iPhone on. You will be asked to activate your phone. Follow the wizard on the screen to complete the activation. Activation can be done over Wi-Fi (depending on your software version) or by connecting to your computer and using iTunes. After you finish the activation, your iPhone will be set up properly to use the Internet on the Rogers network.

How to configure an Android™ device

Android is available on many devices and different versions exist in the market. Some of the names, information or settings below may vary depending on the device you have. This guide was made to provide instructions on as many devices and versions of the Android OS as possible starting from Android version 2.0. 

1. Tap on 
Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
      2. Once on the APN screen, press the options button on the device.

3. Tap on New APN.

4. NAME: Give a name to the APN in front of Name field. Below are the APN settings.

APN Settings:
      • APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

If you have a LTE device, use the following settings:
      • APN: LTEMOBILE.APN

MMS (Picture Messaging) Settings:

5. Leave the followings fields blank: Proxy, Port, User Name, Password, server

6. Press the Options button on your device, tap on Save to save the APN settings.

7. Open the internet browser icon on your device and start browsing. There are occasions where restarting your device is needed before it can browse. If you cannot connect to the internet, restart the phone and try browsing the internet again.

Note:
       The created APN will show up on the APNs screen. To activate the APN, tap on the radio button in front of APN.

How to configure a BlackBerry device

To bring over an unlocked BlackBerry® device, just insert your Rogers SIM card and turn the phone on. If you subscribe to a Data Plan, ensure it is a BlackBerry® plan. The required BlackBerry® service books will be sent to your phone, and the messaging and browser settings will be automatically configured.

If you do not subscribe to a data plan, you should still be able to use MMS and access the Rogers portal. If the operating system is prior to OS5, set up your browser settings to use the WAP Browser.

Check OS version via Option -> About

If you can't find WAP Bowser, click the Browser on the home screen, click Blackberry® logo to go to menu, Option-> General Properties->Default Browser-> WAP Browser

If you have any problems accessing the Internet on your phone, look up help in BlackBerry® browser menu.

How to configure other smartphones

Please refer to the user guide from the phone manufacturer for instructions. You might need the following information.

APN Settings:
      • APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

If you have a LTE device, use the following settings:
      • APN: LTEMOBILE.APN

How to configure a mobile phone

Please refer to the user guide from the phone manufacturer for instructions. You might need the following information.

WAP Settings:
      • APN: goam.com
      • Proxy: 10.128.1.69
      • Port: 80

Internet Settings:
      • APN: internet.com
      • Proxy: 10.128.1.69
      • Port: 80

Page 1 of 1  

Did you find what you were looking for?    Yes  No

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks! I tried entering that and it's still not working. Any suggestions for what to try next?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Try this.

Name: Rogers
APN: internet.com
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap
MCC: 302
MNC: 72 (If that doesn't work try 720, its already filled in, leave it at what it is)

Leave the rest blank. Now you Data should be working

Here are the settings Multimedia Messaging

Name: Rogers MMS
APN: media.com
Username: media
Password: mda01
Server: 172.25.0.107
MMSC :http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 72 (If that doesn't work try 720, its already filled in, leave it at what it is)
APN Type: mms

Leave the rest blank. Now MMS should be working!
http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/rogers-discussion/3987-rogers-wireless-apn-settings-data-mms-here...

Also which phone do you have?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rogers Access Point SettingsAPN: rogers-core-appl1.apnProxy: <not set>Port: <not set>Username: <not set>Password: <not set>Server: <not set>MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.comMMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69MMS Port: 80MCC: 302 (retrieved from SIM)MNC: 720 (retrieved from SIM).Authentication type: <not set>APN type: <not set>
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

APN - ltemobile.apn
Proxy - <not set>
Port - <not set>
Username- <Not set>
Passwors - <not set>
Server < not set>
MMSC - http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS - proxy 10.128.1.69
MMS - Port 80
MMS protocol - Wap 2.0
MCC - 302
MNC - 720
Aythentication type - < not set>
APN type - either "*" or "internet + mms" Should work

My previous post was a little messy.. NO passwords & NO usernames.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Oh yeah, thanks for the tip. Upgraded my LG Optimus One from 2.2 to 2.3 and lost my 3G / data connectivity for a couple of weeks now until your post pointed me to the correct APN settings (the internet.com one) for my phone.

Thanks!

Raphael

Highlighted
I've Been Around

i do not have a place to enter the server number in my apn settings

help?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kategriff

Which device do you have? Also what is the OS on the phone you have? We need more info to help you.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

hi guys i got a htc radar 4g trying to get it to work with rogers i got the internet to work but not the mms can any one help i dont even know where the mms messages seting are because i am new to the windows phone