Current APN Settings for MMS

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Current APN Settings for MMS

I've set my Acer Liquid Z410 to these settings and it still won't send a image with my text message.  It just stays at "Sending".  It will send a sms text no problem.  I went to the Rogers store and the tech wasn't able to get it to work either.  This is on a Pay as You Go plan that has unlimited sms/mms included.  I have the data enabled.  Anything else I can try?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Kerrupter

Welcome to the Community Forums and thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

Have you tried your SIM card in another device? Is you device unlocked?

APN settings should also be verified , check out the How- To Rogers VPN Settings.

RogersPrasana

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersPrasana wrote:

Hi @Kerrupter

Welcome to the Community Forums and thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

Have you tried your SIM card in another device? Is you device unlocked?

APN settings should also be verified , check out the How- To Rogers VPN Settings.

RogersPrasana

Thanks for the reply.  I actually was able to talk to a tech at Rogers over a landline and they realized that my account had the data turned off.  All of my phone settings were ok all along.  I was cut off on the landline during the conversation with the tech but I have been able to send out images a couple of times now but still had some that never were received too.  I'll keep trying to send to other phone numbers before I pursue it any further.  Thanks again.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same issue as you are. Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7, won't send MMS messages no matter what the APN settings are it seems. Rogers is supposed to be calling me back today or tomorrow since the tech didn't see anything obvious on what it could be. Internet and calling and text messaging all work, just no MMS.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@megaphone wrote:

I'm having the same issue as you are. Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7, won't send MMS messages no matter what the APN settings are it seems. Rogers is supposed to be calling me back today or tomorrow since the tech didn't see anything obvious on what it could be. Internet and calling and text messaging all work, just no MMS.

My phone is working now.  Rogers had a block on my account that would allow data.  I think it was from a previous phone that didn't have the ability to use data.  I now am able to send images with text to some of my contacts.  Not all of them but I think that problem is on their end not mine.  I just called Rogers and got a tech that checked my account and saw that there was a block on it and they removed it without having to do a call back.  It only took a few minutes to correct.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just updating in case others have the same issue as me. I called Rogers again and they checked my APN settings to make sure they were all correct, had me turn off the phone while they reset the connection from their end and had me turn the phone back on and attempt to download a mms they sent to me. It's still not working. They kept my escalated ticket in place and updated it with what we tried on it. So it's a waiting game and hopefully we can get it fixed. I should also mention I tried someone else's sim card in my phone and still had the same issues.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hey all,
I have an unlocked Samsung Rugby 3 (A997) which is brand new in the box, and I really like this phone. 
The only problem is that I cannot get the MMS to work, so I created a profile with the info found here.
Now, when I try to send or receive a multi-media message, it tries to connect, but then fails, indicating that there was no response. What to do now? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance 🙂

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Savi-N-Steve

Since that phone doesn't support LTE, use these APN Settings:

Rogers Core APN Settings

The settings are to be programed to a wireless smartphone or iPhone device for data functionality on the Rogers Wireless Network.

Settings

Details

APN

rogers-core-appl1.apn

Username

n/a

Password

n/a

Note: For Android smartphones, input the following MMS settings to ensure MMS functionality.

MMSC

http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy

MMS Port

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi gp-se,
I tried this, and it still doesn't work.
What am I missing here?
I'm a green horn when it comes to these kinds of things.
Thanks for your help though!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Savi-N-Steve

Have you checked in the settings to make sure MMS is enabled? Have you contacted Rogers to also make sure your account is fine with MMS? The settings above should have it working.