Capacitive Buttons stop working on S6 Edge

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Capacitive Buttons stop working on S6 Edge

So I waited for over a month for my new Galaxy S6 Edge and finally received it. It worked great for about a day and now the Back Key will not function most times and when it decides to work, it actually performs the function of the Recent Key.

I went to the store I bought it from and that was such a waste of my time. No help what's so ever, didn't even seem to care.

I searched the web and found literally thousand of posts on this same issue, for Samsung phones as well as others. Unfortunately, there are no solutions within all these posts.

My hope was that I could go to the store and have them order me a replacement so I can use this phone until the new phone comes in. They won't do that. I have to give them back my phone and then they will try and get a new one for me. They have no idea how long it would take to get a new one and I am just supposed to trust them to get me one quickly. In the meantime, I am out of luck for a phone.

How is it that Rogers can't seem to hire people that actually understand what it is to provide customer service. My only choice I see is to return the phone to them since I haven't hardly used it and go to Telus or Bell and get a new one. At least they have one in stock and provide it right away...

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Capacitive Buttons stop working on S6 Edge

Good evening  @SwordFish99 ,

Thank you for your post.

I am really sorry about the problems you have been experiencing with your new device.

We definitely want to provide you with further assistance and would not want you to change service provider.

I’d like to help. I’m going to have someone from our @CommunityHelps teacm reach out to you via Private Message. Please check your Messages from the Envelope icon, in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks!

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

So I am quick to point out when I encounter very poor service in this country but equally as quick to point out when I get excellent customer service.

I was so frustrated with the lack of service I received from the Rogers store I purchased my phone from, that I decided to box it up and take it back. My intention was to go elsewhere and get a phone from another supplier. I returned to the same store I was at just a few hours ago and was greeted by someone different. This person asked what he could do for me and I explained I had been there earlier and explained my problem and was basically told to go away. He asked to look at my phone, tried to use it and confirmed very quickly there was something seriously wrong with it. He looked at me and said "would you like me to replace this one? I have some in the back". I told him I was in earlier and was told they didn't have any phones. He went to back and came back and said, yup, I have a few of them. He got on the phone with Rogers and within 10 minutes I walked out of the store with a replacement phone!

Now why couldn't the person I talked to a few hours earlier done the same thing. Customer service in this country really depends on who you get when you walk into a store. This individual was very supportive and quickly got to the point of my visit and solved the problem! Thank-you for being someone who cared!

Hello @SwordFish99 ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to get back to us.

We are extremely happy to see that this matter was resolved by the retail location in question.

We are grateful that you remain a satisfied Rogers customer and that you are pleased with the outcome.

Thanks again for your feedback & for your loyalty! Smiley LOL

RogersMaude 

I Plan to Stick Around

Customer service varies very from one person to the other. But I can tell you one thing, from being in customer service my entire life, those that dont give the same kind of service they could only hope for should not work in CS. I would file a complaint againt the first person that didnt help you. I always give great customer service and ask nothing less but that. Those that don't offer me that are the first ones to know.

I Plan to Stick Around

hi @SwordFish99 my buttons on my samsung galaxy s6 edge still works

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So two weeks after having this device, the bottom half inch of the screen stopped working. It was not registering any touches. I downloaded a touchscreen test app and it confirms that the bottom isn't working.

I took it back to a Rogers store and they have sent it out for warranty repair to FutureTel. It will be 2-3 weeks before I get my phone back.

For my first Android phone, I am very disappointed. With Apple, I could've just walked into any Apple store and walk out with a new device in 10 minutes. I'm also worried that because the Edge is new, it will be prone to bugs. Kind of makes me regret getting a 1st generation model.

Anyone else have issues with their S6 Edge?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @diggler649

It seems to be a problem with the first batch & second batch with the S6 edge's. XDA & other sites have confirmed this. Sadly Apple controls all their devices / updates / repairs & sells & prices. Android, Blackberry, Windows does not. Thus why they do not have stores like Apple. Samsung does have a store in Toronto & Vancouver as well which u can walk in & have it sent int repair with them.

Mine just bleeds lights via the bezel around the device. That is all from me.