Cannot send/recieve calls and text.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Cannot send/recieve calls and text.

Hi, I changed my plan to mobile internet plan this morning, but ever since then I am unable recieve or make calls.

I can access mobile internet just fine. So I don't know what is happening. Using Note 3 on a Prepaid plan.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Cannot send/recieve calls and text.

Hello Jyooo

If i am not mistaken that plan is ONLY data and not voice. You need to add a plan which has both data and voice in order to call and text. Without that plan ur just going to be accessing data like u are now
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry, I forgot to add that I am also unable to call both *611 and *225, so I cannot add/change a plan, check balance or add money. Also I have still an unspent balance loaded other than the plan.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jyooo

Do you have a house phone or a family / friends phone u can use to call in?. Try that and see.
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, I have tried both my work and home phone and its giving a busy tone.

I tried restarting the phone, keeping it off for a few minutes and taking off the battery,

and have not made any changes in the settings other than set the mobile data limit warning.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jyooo

Call this number 1 800 575-9090. This is the direct number to them. The number u called was if u were using a Rogers cellphone.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, I changed plans with the number and you're right it was for tablets only... But it didn't make any sense cause I would still have unused prepaid balance to use for talk/text. I didn't know they would put a pseudo-airplane mode on my phone. Wow.

Cheers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jyooo

Yeah it seems like it. The plan u got was for tablet only data. Maybe that's why they did it.

Hopefully all is resolved now and u are set! Anytime u need to contact Rogers Paygo without using ur phone save that number and call that number above.

You are welcome! Smiley Happy