Cannot access Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Cannot access Anyplace TV

Hey guys,

I can't access the anyplace tv app on my tablet, tried uninstalling and reinstalling all I get is the first screen and a spinning circle. Contacted support on the facebook page...no help there. Just told me it was a known issue and would be resolved soon. But the actual tablet app hasn't been updated since December 2014. Any ideas? I'm on Kit Kat still doesn't work.

***Edited Labels***

Re: Cannot access Anyplace TV

Hello @bingobarns,

Thank you for your post. I have an Acer Iconia 10” tablet running KitKat as well, however, I don’t have any issues with using Rogers Any Place(RAP) TV app. I’m assuming you are able to login to MyRogers on the rogers.com website because RAP TV app uses the same login credentials.

Good to know that you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. When was the last time it worked for you? Any other relevant information you can share will help in finding a solution.

@Community – please share your experience if you are using a tablet with KitKat.

Regards,

RogersMoin

I'm Here A Lot

Yes I am able to login on rogers.com, I have a dell venue 8 running 4.4.2. Seems the app gets stuck on the main loading screen for quite a bit of time, I did manage to get it to go past that by putting the app in the background and opening it again and going back and forth doing that and eventually it opened. I was able to login but I can't really do very much with the app as the streaming video for live tv doesn't seem to ever load.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Hello Ello @bingobarns

How do you unintall that app?

Have you tried clearing cache before uninstalling? If Cache is still sitting there when you reinstall the problem can potentially come back.

If you go into App Manager and find the app on the list and then "Force Stop" - Wait a few seconds - "Clear Cache" - Then uninstall it and download a fresh one from playstore. (and back out of the settings rather than just pressing "home" button.)

I haven't used Dell Venue 8 but Kit Kat doesn't have issues. Known issue is with Lollipop only. (as far as I know).

But please try clearing the cache as well before uninstalling. That usually takes out the bugs and issues for me. (I run Android Tablets as well)
I'm Here A Lot

Alright I'll give that a shot tonight, and see how it goes. Thanks!

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

No problem and you're welcome! Keep us updated! Looking forward to seeing it resolved!

🙂
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation