Can't receive text messages from one contact

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Can't receive text messages from one contact

I recently haven't been receiving text messages from one contact. They are using an iPhone and it says not delivered on their end. Can't anyone help??

*** Edited Labels ***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Can't receive text messages from one contact

Hello @alxwinter43

Did you previously have an iPhone?. If so it's due to not turning off iMessage. If you never had a iPhone before, just would suggest having them turn off iMessage and remove your contact information from their phone. Then re add it and see if that will fix it.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix

Thank you for the advice, will give it a try. Incase they don't know, how would they go about turning off imessage?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @alxwinter43

You are welcome!. Follow my steps below.

Launch the Settings app, tap on Messages and slide the iMessage switch to the Off position. After completing the steps below and verifying your phone number has been removed from Apple's iMessage servers you can turn the service back on on either device, using only an email address for sending and receiving messages.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It didn't work. Any other ideas?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @alxwinter43

Hmm maybe. What device are you using at the moment?. Did you also have a iPhone before and used iMessage? Just wanted to see if that may be the cause.

The only other thing I can think of is using What'sapp or BBM to message eachother as it seems to be something else.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

No I never never had an iPhone. I'm using a galaxy s5 and she is using an iPhone 6. Guess we will just have to use something else and hope it fixes its self
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @alxwinter43

One thing I would suggest is having her back up the iPhone on iTunes and performing a factory reset on he device. This should remove anything that is causing this. She can always restore everything back on the iPhone after.

Hopefully this fixes out and you guys can text!