cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not register for WiFi Calling on Galaxy S7 edge

_Cust
I've been here awhile

I activate it on the phone, but when I need to register it with Rogers, I get the auth code and enter it...then I accept the terms of service...except instead of going to the next step and asking for my emergency address, it gives the error "Unknown Server Error!", and never goes past the accept terms of service page.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can not register for WiFi Calling on Galaxy S7 edge

vladbr
I've been here awhile

@gp-se, the S7e was picked up at the Samsung store and locked to Rogers when I inserted my SIM during first boot --- the phone restarted and added the Roger apps. I checked the CSC to confirm it was set to RWC after I tried to register for wifi calling but all attempts failed with the error: Unfortunately, your device isn't eligable for Rogers Wi-Fi Calling. My phone is definitely locked to Rogers as I tried a Bell SIM and the phone prompted for an unlock code.

@RogersMaudehas been very helpful (thank you!) and opened a ticket with Tech Support to investigate why my IMEI isn't registered as a Rogers device since this is the only way VoLTE, video & wifi calling will work.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

enrai
I plan to stick around

Did you get the phone from Rogers?

Rogers' WiFi Calling only works on phones that were sold by Rogers. If you got your phone from elsewhere, then you're out of luck.

_Cust
I've been here awhile

Yes, it was purchased directly from Rogers.

However....this does not seem like a "phone" issue as much as a server issue.  The registration server is telling me "unknown server error".  Typical, cryptic, unhelpful error message.

Good morning @_Cust!

If you're using an official Rogers phone, it's most likely this is an account issue. In order to fix this, I'll need to look at your account.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps and I will look into this matter for you. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
@enrai I got my iPhone straight from Apple and have no issues at all with WiFi Calling.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enrai

That is correct BUT if you get a iPhone from Apple, then it will automatically get u WiFi Calling. There was issues with this when the iPhone 6S Plus came out but got fixed. Other devices u are correct with.

vladbr
I've been here awhile

Hi RogersRoland, I have the same issue with a S7 Edge that was a replacement for a Note 7: no volte, video calling and wifi calling. I've raised tickets with tech support but because the IMEI # of the S7 edge wasn't registered with Rogers, the phone is treated as an unlocked phone even though it's locked to Rogers (CSC set to RWC) and has all the rogers apps as 'system' apps. Hope you can help! Much appreciated, Vlad

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @vladbr

I would suggest getting in contact with Rogers tech support and have them restart or ur account aka zap the account to make everything work again. Also have them try to remove the IMEI and add the IMEI back into the account. Unfortunately even if RogersRoland tries, he can't do much if the tech support is already looking into it.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@vladbr

@vladbr wrote:

Hi RogersRoland, I have the same issue with a S7 Edge that was a replacement for a Note 7: no volte, video calling and wifi calling. I've raised tickets with tech support but because the IMEI # of the S7 edge wasn't registered with Rogers, the phone is treated as an unlocked phone even though it's locked to Rogers (CSC set to RWC) and has all the rogers apps as 'system' apps. Hope you can help! Much appreciated, Vlad

Where did you purchase this phone? Just because you set the CSC to Rogers doesn't make the phone locked to Rogers. Rogers only supports VoLTE and WiFi calling on Rogers locked phones purchased directly from Rogers (online or in store).

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gp-se

When the Note 7 recall happened, u had a choice to return the Note 7 back to Rogers or Samsung and they would either give u a $100 credit towards getting a S7/S7 edge. So from the looks of it, it seems that they got it from Samsung either by mailing it in or going to the Samsung Experience store. ( as per the IMEI not being added on the system as Rogers stores would have added it). Even if you got the S7 or S7 edge or any Samsung device from the Samsung store and it was locked to Rogers, it would work on Volte and WiFi Calling. Just wanted to make that clear as i got a S7 edge from the Samsung store which got Locked to Rogers upon putting in the sim and worked with both. Also it was verified to me by the Samsung Experience store manager and rep. Unlocked phones will have issues but Nott he locked ones bought at the Samsung Experience store.

It seems like some are having this issue as when the IMEI isn't added on the account, it won't let it work with those but in their case it wasn't added. A simple add of the IMEI number and the account to be refreshed should make it work.

Also wanted to correct you on ur post. If you buy any phone that is locked to Rogers at the Apple store or Samsung Experience store and or Microsoft store ( Windows phones) they will work on Volte and WiFi. You do NOT need to just go to the Rogers store and get them if you will do a upgrade and the device will be locked to Rogers. Don't this plenty of times with Apple and Samsung and it worked as long as it's a locked device to Rogers.

vladbr
I've been here awhile

@gp-se, the S7e was picked up at the Samsung store and locked to Rogers when I inserted my SIM during first boot --- the phone restarted and added the Roger apps. I checked the CSC to confirm it was set to RWC after I tried to register for wifi calling but all attempts failed with the error: Unfortunately, your device isn't eligable for Rogers Wi-Fi Calling. My phone is definitely locked to Rogers as I tried a Bell SIM and the phone prompted for an unlock code.

@RogersMaudehas been very helpful (thank you!) and opened a ticket with Tech Support to investigate why my IMEI isn't registered as a Rogers device since this is the only way VoLTE, video & wifi calling will work.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 in conversation