Can I transfer my contacts from bbm to Galaxy S3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Can I transfer my contacts from bbm to Galaxy S3

Recently, I upgraded my from blackberry curve to Galaxy S3. I have all my contacts on blackberry. I want to transfer my contacts from the old blackberry which is not activated to the new Galaxy S3. What is the best way to do it?

I have already tried using bluetooth to transfer contacts between the two phones but bb gives me an error just before transferring the contacts. 

I have used blackberry desktop manager to back up my contacts on my pc. Is there a way I can transfer the contacts from my pc to galaxy s3?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Can I transfer my contacts from bbm to Galaxy S3

when you have a blackberry with an email sync'd to it, not sure if you know but the blackberry has the option to sync your contacts to what ever email you have sync'd.  so for instance you most likely have a hot mail or yahoo mail account, simply choose the options to sync your contacts, it will move your contacts from the handset to the hotmail contacts list online,   and if u ever change phones you do the same on the new phone, like setup your email on the new one, choose to sync your contacts and they will automatically be loaded on to the galaxie handset.   trust me not sure why ppl funble with copying and blue toothing, this is way easier.

I've Been Around

Moving from BlackBerry to Android is an easy process, too.
1. Open Google Sync on your BlackBerry.
2. Choose “Sync Now” to make sure the most current contact information is added to your Google account.
3. Open the “Accounts & Sync” app on your Android phone from the gear icon.
4. Touch “Google.” Touch to add a checkmark to “Sync Contacts.”
5. Touch “Sync Now” to sync.
6. Open your contacts app. Touch the arrow next to “Phonebook” to open the drop down menu. Make sure “Google” is checked. You will now see all your synced contacts.

Alternatively, you may follow the guide below.

How to Transfer Contacts from BlackBerry to Samsung Galaxy

I'm Here A Lot

Since Blackberry and samsung galaxy s3 use different os, i think't it's more convenient to use a mobile transfer app to help, it could transfer everything between two mobile phones.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Please don't worry, you can use Google account to help you transfer contacts from bbm to Galaxy S3. And if for other data like photos, music, videos, etc, you can ask help from Coolmuster Mobile Transfer.  Just search the details online by yourself.