cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUTTONS PRESSING DURING CALLS

v1nny
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue? It doesn't happen all the time it seems to happen more often when I'm talking to a female than a male but again, it's very sporadic. Some calls it will happen on, others it wont.

I'll be talking to a friend when all the sudden I hear a loud beep. It sounds exactly like when you press a button like say number 4 or 5 on the keypad. I then say to my friend, "Did you just press a button?" they always say no and I'm 100% sure it's not me because my keypad is closed.

Again, it's not often, but when it does happen it's annoying because there doesn't seem to be any reason for it. Rogers support doesn't seem to have any answer. Already did a factory reset and a bunch of other things and I still find it happening from time to time.

I've seen the problem posted with a lot of other carriers like AT & T, Telus etc but am wondering if any other Rogers customers have ever noticed this?

I have a Sony Xperia by the way.

***Edited Labels*** 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: BUTTONS PRESSING DURING CALLS

RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @v1nny,

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy

I understand you are hearing random beeps during calls that sound like someone is hitting a number on the keypad. Due to the fact you're the only one that hears this beep and the person on the other end doesn't, tells me the issue has nothing to do with your device and the sound is caused by the other end. I would hear this sound on a weekly basis taking several calls a day (mostly with iPhones) having the caller place me on speaker would sometimes help. The main cause is the proximity sensor where the person on the other end has the phone too close to their face and they never actually hear the beeping. 

Hope this helps,

RogersArthur

v1nny
I've been here awhile

Thanks Arthur. This helps out a little because everytime I call tech support they don't seem to have a clue as to what it could be.

My only question to you would be the following, if it's just the proximity sensor on their end wouldn't they be able to hear the beep considering they were the one that pushed it?

Example, if my face accidentally hits the dialpad when on a call I can of course hear it. So in my case, when I hear the sound and I ask them about it, they say they didn't hear it...

why is that?

Hi @v1nny

The reason I feel the person where the keypad beep is coming from are not hearing any beeps during calls could be because they are using an iPhone and the keypad sound would be on the same band as the voice. Similar to why we are not able to hear our own voice in the ear piece during calls. As far as when your face accidentally hits the dial pad during calls and you hear it could be to do with the Android settings. If you are able to re-create the beeping from your own device you'll have to wait until you run into a friend or relative who has an iPhone and willing to have you test / re-create the same beeping from their device.

Regards,

RogersArthur

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

This happens a lot with cellphones when the caller's face presses against the screen or buttons. Never happened with the much more ergonomic real phones.

rotary-phone.jpg

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

v1nny
I've been here awhile

No it's not their face because I ask. Did you push the button and they say no my keypad is closed.

bjhhhh
I've been around
Have the exact same problem when I'm on the phone with my mom. She's on a bell landline and doesn't hear it but I do...I'm on my Rogers cell phone (samsung galaxy s6)

Snix85
I've been around
I’m having the same problem when I’m chatting on the phone sounds like I pressed a button but my phone is on speaker phone and locked and the other person doesn’t hear the tone and also has it on speaker phone and locked help!! So annoying! Is someone tapping our phones!?! Lol

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Snix85!

Welcome to the community!

Hearing a dial tone during calls I imagine is incredibly irritating. To assist in getting to the cause of it can you confirm the following for us?

• Does the go away even temporarily when the phone is rebooted?
  • Does this happen on every call?
  • Does it occur only when on speaker?
  • What is the model of phone you're using?
  • Are you able to test your sim card in another phone to see if the issue persists?
  • How long as this been occurring?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation