cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps not compatible with Galaxy S7

thillyer
I plan to stick around

Thought I would try here since Google couldn't help me. I just noticed I could not update Clash of Clans to Halloween update. Okay store says the app is not compatible with my device. Also tried downloading Pinterest. It is not compatible. Clash Royale. Not compatible.

I find it hard to believe these apps are not compatible with a phone not even 2 years.

Is anyone else seeing this? Can anyone explain it?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Apps not compatible with Galaxy S7

Good afternoon @thillyer!

It's still not working after that? I would recommend backing up and restoring the device as the next step if the issue is still occurring.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersMoin

Hello, @thillyer

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. The other day I was trying to install an app on an older device running Android 6.x and I got the device incompatible error as well even though the app requirement is Android 4.x or higher. I tried installing it again later after a reboot and it worked. 

The apps you have mentioned also state the requirements as Android 4.x and up so your S7 should have no issues in updating or installing those apps. What's the troubleshooting have you done so far?

Keep us posted.

@Community - anyone encountered similar issues? Please chime in and share your expertise. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

thillyer
I plan to stick around
I contacted google. They had me clear cache for play store. Reboot my phone. We changed date and time then set to automatic again to force a connection to Google servers. My wife can install Pinterest on her s6.

Good afternoon @thillyer!

It's still not working after that? I would recommend backing up and restoring the device as the next step if the issue is still occurring.

Regards,

RogersCorey

thillyer
I plan to stick around
Restoring my device has seemed to work. I can now install Pinterest from Google Play store. Now I just have to wait for phone to fully restore.
Thanks for the help.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation