cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using a Oneplus 6T?

Skyteam7
I've been here awhile

I recently switched from an Iphone X to Oneplus 6T and to say that I was impressed would be an understatement, it is an absolutely a gorgeous device, however, it does not get along well with Rogers.

I get constant Network drops, It would lose all connections, reception, GPS, data, and then the phone would reconnect to everything by itself in 15 seconds or sometimes up to a minute, no restart needed, it seems like it would somehow "find the tower" again and everything becomes all right. It is not a device issue as I used a Oneplus 6 (non T) before and it was doing the exact same thing. My friend uses Oneplus 6T with a different big provider and has no issues at all.

If anyone can suggest a fix for this within the settings or software, I'd really appreciate it as I would hate to put this guy up for sale.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Anyone using a Oneplus 6T?

RogersCorey

Hello @Skyteam7!

Welcome to our Community! The OnePlus 6T does look like a nifty device.

If you had no issues prior to switching to this device, it may indicate the device itself is defective. Is this a new SIM card in the device? If it's a new SIM, you may consider using your warranty to have the device replaced to ensure the device isn't defective. If it's not a new SIM, it wouldn't hurt to go to a Rogers store to get a new one so we can eliminate potential SIM card problems.

It may also be a compatibility issue. We cannot guarantee that non-Rogers devices will fully function on the network. Perhaps one of our intrepid Community members has used this device? If so, please chime in!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Skyteam7
I've been here awhile

I followed your advice Corey and miraculously after getting a new SIM, the problem has not returned even once today.  I guess Oneplus 6 is a lot more picky than an Iphone when it comes to SIM cards which are a few years old. Hopefully it will stay this way, Thank you. 

Perfect! SIM card issues are rare but it was one of the few possibilities here. I'm glad that worked @Skyteam7!

If you need anything else from us, please don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hi can you confirm if VOLTE and WiFi calling are working on your OnePlus 6T?

Thanks!!

Skyteam7
I've been here awhile

As an update, the problems returned just a day after using the new sim. Had to sell the device as it seems unusable on the rogers network. If anyone has a solution to fix this (phone constantly looses connection with tower, drops all network, then reconnects by itself 5-30 seconds after), I'd appreciate it. Hate being back to apple but at least its stable.

wstrange
I've been here awhile

I have a oneplus 6t and it works great on Rogers *BUT* I do not think it supports wifi calling..

uyiuyu
I've been here awhile

Pretty sketchy

CallerID name was not working, almost did a fraud investigation on them since they had issued an RMA on xmas day and allowed me time to get back to do it, then renegged when I got back from holiday and noticed the default window was closed. Indredibly dishonest and terrible support. VERY sketchy company.  

That said the device "should" be worth some hassle.

CallerID started working, they do not acknowledge it, with 9.0.12 update. Now strangely broken again despite no other updates (bizarre). I will do a SIM swap but basicallly phone is useless if no callerID name supported (I know US/Canada are the only places to have this but come on)

Also

1) GPS glitchy

2) every second call droppped - seems to bounce HSDPA/4g/3g when receiving, certainly needs a tweak on the Rogers end or maybe just bad unit.

3) LTE data seems fine, never really tested against pixel etc but

4) no idea on wifi calling, but see no option to activate. Think Rogers has to be on board for that.

I have warranty for the "other" issues but the lack of honesty on callerID is absurd. I can confirm its fine on any other phone with same sim reliably. 

I will test a non-Rogers sim as well, don't cross fingers.

uyiuyu
I've been here awhile
I tested Telus SIM and fine, swapped Rogers SIM for a fresh one, now CIDname working. I think sensitive to SIM is the call, I hereby pause my fury
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation