cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone order Huawei Mate 20 pro? Free tablet per account now...

wawa2010
I'm here a lot

I want to upgrade my phone, but I have to pay off $400 of my current phone balance. Smiley Sad

***Added Labels***

87 REPLIES 87

Re: Anyone order Huawei Mate 20 pro? Free tablet per account now...

candroid
I plan to stick around
My first one was the black one, it did have the LG screen but in 99% normal use I couldn't see the screen bleed. Within the 15 day exchange time I got the black one, my pre-order of the twilight one came and it does not have the LG screen. I assume that's why it took so long for orders to get out, because they were fixing the screens.

Hello @constable145,

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that you've been having such a rough time with the Mate 20 Pro! Having to return something even once is headache enough! 😖

The Courtesy Phone and Repair Program offered through Rogers can be helpful for some! This program offers a courtesy cellphone to customers while theirs is in for repair at the manufacturer’s facility.

To be eligible for this option, you must:

- Still be within the manufacturer's warranty period
- Have an active phone number with a Rogers approved handset
- Have an account that is in good financial standing (no arrears or account suspensions)

It can take approximately 10 business days for the repair to be completed and the store will require a $75 refundable deposit prior to sending the phone out for repair. Typically, you will be given a Huawei GR5 as your courtesy phone. Your repaired device will be under warranty for 90 days, or until the end of the original warranty (whichever lasts longer).

**Please note: The store has the right to refuse the repair if they find that there has been any evidence of customer induced damage that voids warranty.

You can click HERE to find any participating stores within your area that offer the Courtesy Phone and Repair Program.

Hopefully, you find this information useful!! 😀

RogersLaura

botmi
I've been here awhile

I read about the screen issues before I got my phone and although it was visible right away, it was not too bad so I decided to stay put. Yesterday, all of the sudden it became worse by a lot... you can notice the green even with 40% brightness and white background. Just nasty. I activated mine over a month ago, so we'll see what Rogers has to say. I will be heading out to one of their store over lunch.

LG screen...

Love the phone, but the screen is bad. Let's see how Rogers and Huawei will handle it....

botmi
I've been here awhile

Well, I went to a Rogers store that was on the list (the one in the Rogers Center former Skydome) and I was asked to call Wireless technical support as they would not be able to help me. The technical support folks turned me down as well because I did not purchase the "device protection plan" and directed me to Huawei warranty. 

Thanks Rogers... nice customer support you have for a $1,200 phone and a well known and reported problem that is definitely a manufacturing issue. 

Topic Stats