Anyone order Huawei Mate 20 pro? Free tablet per account now...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Anyone order Huawei Mate 20 pro? Free tablet per account now...

Has anyone here got a Phone with a BOE screen? Or all LG? You can download the device info app to check
I'm Here A Lot

So called in again yesterday and talked to someone in Toronto and it went up a few levels and it was super helpful. So what I have now heard is that Rogers has yet to receive the phone in the twilight variant.  Now I am talking Toronto at least and what he told me is the online supply is different than the stores.  I checked my local stores and they have not received any in that colour as well. So it seems to me that everyone that ordered black has had better luck than if you had ordered twilight. If anyone has received a twilight phone please let us know.  They do have a supply of black phones. My store which is large only received 3 black phones and the other store 2, which have been sold. Hope this helps.

I Plan to Stick Around

@dabears1326 - the one that I had was the LG screen, i had checked it out through the device info app 

I Plan to Stick Around

Both of ours are LG too. Apparently only the LG screens are the problem. The BOE ones are good. And most phones are BOE lg was the backup manufactor. But thinking maybe Rogers only got a batch of LG screens giving how most the phones seem to have the problem
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey there!

Just got my new Mate 20 Pro from Rogers on the 14th and the entire right side of my phone's screen is casting a green glow even in half brightness. You can see it in every angle and with any colour on the screen even as I type this on the forum. A quick Google search shows how bad of a problem this is. Anyone else in the same boat?! It's absolutely pathetic that Huawei has yet to release a recall.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@stefman722 - Hey, I had the same issue as well. Mine was on both edges and all four corners. It was pretty bad - ceck the link/pic below.

I ended up swapping my device for a Note 9 because it seems like the chances of getting another faulty screen was very high. I saw on redflags and reddit users in CAD complaining that they're on their 2nd and 3rd exchange and still have the screen issue. Huawei has yet to really take action on it :/

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5I1WVAetHXkbGpYM0xaOWpDNGxSLTZvQnpMM0FsU0xpZE04

I Plan to Stick Around

@stefman722 What color did you get?  I pre ordered the twilight on Nov 6th, still no clue when it is shipping as I am 53rd in line from 64 when I ordered Smiley Sad  Just wondering if the screen issue is on both color variants?  Thanks!!

I Plan to Stick Around

What color did you get? I pre ordered the twilight on Nov 6th, still no clue when it is shipping as I am 53rd in line from 64 when I ordered Smiley Sad Just wondering if the screen issue is on both color variants? Thanks!!
I Plan to Stick Around

I just spoke to a Rogers rep and the phones are on backorder from Huawei Smiley Sad They don't even have any in there warehouse to ship to stores or personal addresses. Hopefully the backorder is because they are fixing the screen issue? What else would it be? Surely not that many people as crazy as us pre-ordered the most expensive Huewai ever lol
I've Been Here Awhile

I signed up Nov 1 for a Twilight, and like you, I received the confirmation email day 1, then I received 1 additional update email on the 9th.  Nothing since.  I thought I read somewhere that they'd at least send out weekly  updates, but perhaps I'm mistaken

I was 31, now I'm 26th - I supposed it's because others in front of me dropped out.

It is disappointing that a 'communications' company would be so poor at communicating what's going on.  Absurd that I have to troll these forums and read all of the ridiculous conjecture going on here.