cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know when Rogers will have the Samsung Note 7?

Kake777
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I heard the Samsung Note 7 will be launched Aug 7, 2016. Does anyone know when Rogers will carry the phone? When will it be available for purchase for Rogers customers?

@Meowmix, any ideas?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Anyone know when Rogers will have the Samsung Note 7?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Kake777

Unfortunately at this moment since the device has not even been announced, there is no information in when Rogers will actually carry the device. Once Samsung on August 7th they announce it, Rogers will then announce the date they will release it. I have the S7 edge but most likely getting the Note 7 my self!

Stay tuned! 🙂

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Kake777,

We're unable to comment on products and services that have not been announced.

Stay tuned for future announcements through Rogers.com, @RogersBuzz on Twitter or our Facebook page.

I'm also looking forward to this release!! 

Cheers,

RogersCilio

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Kake777

Unfortunately at this moment since the device has not even been announced, there is no information in when Rogers will actually carry the device. Once Samsung on August 7th they announce it, Rogers will then announce the date they will release it. I have the S7 edge but most likely getting the Note 7 my self!

Stay tuned! 🙂

GibMcFragger
I'm a Reliable Contributor
You too, eh? Expensive game we play lol.

germain18_2006
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers used to have the info ready 1or 2 weeks before it released. But not this time 😞

And one down side of Rogers is they always get the black model of the phone whereas other carrier has more colors to choose from.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

The device hasn't even been announced to the public yet. So how will Rogers or any carrier Announce a device that hasn't officially been announced to the public. Make any sense?. Rogers will announce that they will carry it or not the device once Samsung does. Until then nothing can be said.. Also as for the colors, that's incorrect. Most devices from Samsung come to Canada as black and white at launch, then months after get released in colors. S7 and S7 edge came in black and white only.

I am awaiting the Note 7 as well ( might give my S7 edge to my sister)

germain18_2006
I Plan to Stick Around

I remembered correctly, when I pre-ordered my Note 4 from Rogers, it hasen't been announced yet but Rogers already has it for pre-order.  And thats what I'm talking about colors, why Rogers only brings in black and white for the S7 while the Samsung canada website has more colors.  We already are among one of the most expensive phone fees in the world, we can't we deserve something better, more options!  If you are not a Rogers employee and if you are here to help, I hope that you don't treat me like I'm doing something wrong, I'm here to express how I feel about Rogers.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

No carrier or company will put something on pre order or reservation without the actual manufacture announcing the product. That will violate their Claus and can cause a lawsuit and other fines. And also no, Rogers put it on resevation right after Samsung announced it.. How do I know? I did the reservation thread for that device on the forums here. I do all device reservation and pre order threads since 2011 on the forums. I can assure you Rogers only announces device once the manufacturer announces them and show them off. Until then NO company and carrier can give hints or announce it.

Unfortunately you aren't seeing the whole picture.. No other carrier in Canada brought out the colors on the S7 and S7 edge. Only straight from Samsung it happened. This was a decision Samsung made. If u noticed only factory unlocked devices from Samsung are with colors. Bell, Telus, Fido, Virgin, Rogers and all others carriers have black and white I believe.
Rogers can't do anything unless the manufacturer gives them the green light to release the device in another colors.

No one said i am treating you like u did something wrong sorry if u think that but since I made the reservation thread on the device (Note 4) and know how the policies are, I know no carrier and companies release a product without it being announced first from the manufacturer. Look it up, you will see it. Just don't want any mix messages and miscommunication 🙂

Mrnovanova
I Plan to Stick Around

Japetto
I Plan to Stick Around
So you can pre order now with Roger's. Your free gift is a 64gb Micro SD. Which is a joke. Your pre order with Bell or Samsung and you get a Gear fit 2 or level pro wireless speaker. I guess I'll buy direct from Samsung

germain18_2006
I Plan to Stick Around
Rogers has it too, go to the promotion section and read it again

Japetto
I Plan to Stick Around
It wasn't there earlier. Now updated. They also have the phone as $359.99 but when you follow the link it's $559.99. So,that's rogers

I don't see Rogers has mentioned any free gifts when pre-ordering Note 7 on its webpage...

zerothree
I Plan to Stick Around
Prices of phones have become so inflated even though the Tab surcharge was implemented, therefore the savings on renewing a contract has become minimal.

germain18_2006
I Plan to Stick Around

@xiangli62 wrote:

I don't see Rogers has mentioned any free gifts when pre-ordering Note 7 on its webpage...

Go to Promotion section

Thanks, just saw it 🙂

Looks like the gift will need to be redeemed from Samsung Canada.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @xiangli62

That is correct. Please follow the link below to learn more about the reservation and any questions about the Note 7 and gifts. 🙂

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/thread-id/38846/page/1
Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 in conversation