Anybody had heat problems with the LG Optimus G?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Anybody had heat problems with the LG Optimus G?

DON"T DO IT!!!

-Camera is horrible, worse then my iPhone 4 

-My phone reboots itself contanstly, giving a sim car removed error. Happens at least 5 times a day

-Phone wont charge, battery says charging, but after unplugging it says only 15% charged. 

This phone is so overrated its not funny. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. 

If I could trade back for an Iphone 4 I would in a heart beat. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly I think you might have a defective unit - it happens. I've never had any charging problems with mine. In fact it charges quickly and the battery life is pretty decent - I'd say it's better than that of the GS3's a few of my friends have.

I've never had any reboots or even any kind of crash - just smooth, fast, consistent performance.

I've found the camera to be decent enough but somewhat lousy in low light conditions.

Definitely pretty happy with my decision so far.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Agreed, definitely a defective phone; my G has been solid in every facet.

Good battery life, excellent performance and very stable.  Look forward to the JB release which I hope we see in March.

LG did a fantastic job with this phone, very underrated.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well the software update is here, far as Im concerened the phone is now defective with this new software update. LG I'm gone. 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Care to explain what's defective about it? Or are you still just bitter about the whole Qslide thing? Personally I'm still pretty happy with mine and would reccomend it to anybody.

I understand why the principle of not getting Qslide annoys you... I really do. But it doesn't make the phone "defective" - especially considering most people would never use it anyway.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Totally agree, sure it's a nice feature to have, but I never used it other than when I first got my Optimus G last year to see what the feature was like.  Other than that, never had a reason to use it.

The phone is fantastic as is and still one of the best phones on the market, so the lack of QSlide for more apps is really meaningless to most people I'm sure.

I've Been Around

I had mine go above 133 degrees while playing a game and it shut down on me after giving an error. I can't see to play any games, either heats up and shuts down or kills battery so quickly! If not for that overheating issue this phone is really nice

I've Been Around

Yes . What a pain in the neck. I am on vacation right now in the States. It just started 2 days ago. The battery is running down so fast. Have to charge it at least 3 times a day.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @Degenstein

Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Do you have a case on your device? Have you check battery setting to verify the consumption?

Let us know to further assist.

RogersPrasana