Android Pie for S8?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Android Pie for S8?

Based on https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/OS-Upgrades/OS-Upgrade-Schedule/td-p/354931 see section OS Upgrade Process

Lol - 4 weeks to 6 months! - Think of it they want to sell you the s10 or S9 and say its on new UI / Pie ... sure there is no rush for S8 to get the update. My guess is if they give you a date it will be mid summer.  Hope I am wrong but chances are I am not.

Hello Community!

I know all of you have been waiting patiently for some news on when Android Pie will be available for the Samsung S8 and S8+. GREAT NEWS! The OS Upgrade Schedule has been updated today and Android Pie for the S8 series of devices is being pushed out by Samsung in batches starting on April 1st.

We look forward to hearing about your experiences with Android Pie on your devices and keep an eye out for the software update notification on your devices starting April 1st. =)

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the great news and hope it's not an April fools joke Smiley Happy 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yet last week Rogers was clueless??
Samsung & Telus already posted about the April 1st /2nd One UI updates... How is it that Rogers is so unable to publish this when others have already?
I posted this already... 🐧
I've Been Here Awhile

Great news! Thanks for your follow up..
I've Been Here Awhile

Will the Pie for S8 be released today April 1st?
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Already happened - Check for Updates if you don't have it yet 🐧
I've Been Here Awhile

QUESTION - HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY UPGRADED TO PIE WITH THE OTA APRIL 01 LOAD? 

It is now 2019-04-02 the second day since my Rogers S8+ has informed me of an available software update to PIE. Version: G955WVLU5CSC1 /G955WOYA5CSC1 / G955WVLU5CSC1 Size: 1553.52 MB Security patch level: March 1,2019. 

The problem: Starts to load and gets to about 13.07 MB then stalls! Displays the following popup! "A network or server error occurred. Try again later". 

Before you ask I have 26.9 GB available space on the device (more than adequate for 1.56GB update).

I contacted Samsung Support directly: This is what I was told by the tech support agent: "I have checked all my resources on Baseband version G955WVLS5BSA1 from my end. Currently, pie update is not available for Canadian model phone s8+( G955WVLS5BSA1). In order to install high-end version updates to any device, the device's hardware should be compatible with the updated software and should have a capable mechanism for executing the updated software only then it gives the option to update the table. Because your phone s8+ is one of the latest model phones, as per the model baseband version, there is no update for it correctly. You should be getting it in the near future as it is still an ongoing process."

ROGERS was this just an elaborate April fools joke?

Please let me know if anyone has successfully downloaded and upgraded their S8+ (Baseband version G955WVLS5BSA1)?

I've Been Here Awhile

I updated my S8 yesterday (not S8+), everything went through without any problem, now I'm on Pie officially on my S8, the only thing I really whish is to have Rogers to stop hiding "Mobile Data" & "Hotspot" toggle menu icons without me to manually put them back after each update, I use those two functions often and it's annoying without toggle icons that I have to go into "settings, connection, data usage" to enable/disable.

I've Been Here Awhile

Agreed. It's annoying having to manually add it after every update.