Android Pie for S8?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Android Pie for S8?

So much for March update???
I've Been Here Awhile

Telus will have the update available April 1st as seen on the link below:

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

Rogers when are we having this update?

I'm Here A Lot

They cant update their schedule for the upcoming OS updates... that how slow or maybe they even forgot about the 8 series of the android... 

Hello @shaggyskunk @PeterPacia @Kirovnet @Pasquale1990, and to the rest of the Community!

We definitely understand your anticipation over the release of the PIE update for the S8. Regretfully, we do not have any information to share at this time. ☹️

As mentioned, we will be sure to update our OS Upgrade Schedule and/or post an update here in this thread as soon as we hear any news.

We appreciate your patience!

RogersLaura

I'm Here A Lot

But how come my friend that with Fido and has the same exact phone as mine, got the pie update and when I check on their OS Software they're already have an update and not us...

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Think that your friend is mistaken - Rogers owns Fido and there is no way that Fido would push the update first 😉🐧
None of the Canadian Carriers have released One UI for the S8 series devices yet.
I'm Here A Lot

Yes... Telus will be releasing their update on the 8 Series as of April 1st 

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm sorry but that update schedule is completely useless to us. According to it, you're not rolling out any major updates this year.

You are the face of the company. Your customers want information and you tell us you'll find out at the same time as us? What kind of a Mickey Mouse operation is this?

I work for a large enterprise and we understand that communication is important. If our helpdesk gets asked questions from our users/clients, they inquire and get them an answer.

Never have I seen a company so unwilling to provide their users questions.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

It's curious that Samsung Members Canada have posted that the S8 series & Note8 are getting One UI on April 2nd & Telus has posted April 1st (both of these sources posted this information over a week ago) Yet Rogers (Biggest Canadian Carrier?) is clueless about these imminent updates from Samsung & Telus? That's just kind of sad...
I've Been Around

Looks like I will be upgrading my phone before getting an update on this one..