jadsnca
I've been here awhile

When is the update expected?

*Added Labels*

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Android Pie for LG G7 Thinq.

RogersMoin

Hello, @jadsnca.

I appreciate your query regarding Android 9 Pie for LG G7 ThinQ. We will make sure to update our OS Upgrade Schedule as the information becomes available to us. 

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

John_P
I've been here awhile
Still I don't see any mention of the LG G7 Android Pie on your schedule. It has been rolling out in other countries since the end of January. Poor customer service to point us to a schedule that makes no mention of the LG G7 ThinQ and the Android Pie version that LG has released.

This is unacceptable for a flagship phone! Rogers should at least have an ETA on when the pie update will be pushed.

SFShakeel
I plan to stick around

It has nothing to do with Rogers, LG is responsible and they are way behind. I am not sure if it available anywhere else other than South Korea.

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@mukster65 

@SFShakeel makes a great point. For more clarity, check out the @RogersAlton post from our recent Ask an Expert: OS Updates here. It helps explain the interlocking relationships of OEMs and Carriers.

RogersDarrell

SFShakeel
I plan to stick around

I spoke with LG support and I was told they will probably release firmware sometime in Mid of June or before. Still way behind, but get ready for more worst.

Easiest way, simply don't buy LG products in Future, they are expensive and can't be compared with any other Flagship smartphones. 

This will automatically reduce there price and strategies.

Agreed. Owned G3, G6 and currently G7 ThinQ. Always behind with updates. No more LG phones for me.

It's finally here!!

cuca
I plan to stick around
So now that you finally have it how is it?
I can hazard a guess. It's an underwhelming, stripoed-down version of Pie. Was it worth the wait?

John_P
I've been here awhile
I *finally* got Android Pie yesterday on my G7 ThinQ. It has solved a problem I had been having with the Cineplex Mobile App that always crashed upon restarting my phone. Now I hope Rogers can rollout more Android 9 security patches on a more frequent basis.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
does your LG G7 with Pie have a *Dark Mode*?

John_P
I've been here awhile
I haven't see Dark Mode in any of the Settings for the phone, but some of the apps, like Messaging, have that option.
Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 9 in conversation