cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Oreo

Dart1969
I've been around

Anyone knows when Oreo 8.0 will be available ??

***Edited Labels***

76 REPLIES 76

Re: Android Oreo

Roglebo
I plan to stick around

Now downloading Oreo on my Galaxy Note 8 from Bell!

IainS
I plan to stick around
what version do we get CRC2?

johnx65
I plan to stick around

My Rogers Note 8 started doing the update just now. I did a manual software update request and viola, there it was. 2 days early, from Rogers, ha,..who would have thought...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @johnx65

Yeah it seems like some have to do it manually :(. My buddy did his and got it that way!

zolutar
I plan to stick around
Did a manual check this morning and Whoop, there it is, Oreo for Note 8 2 days early.
Yay!

Poup
I've been around

April 5th Android 8.0 Update for Galaxy Note 8 puts Fido adware on my device.

Title basically describes my issue, this has never happened before, I don't want Fido App Zone, I've always had Rogers App Zone.

This happened from the update going from BRA5 to the latest CRC2

Hello @Poup,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I can understand how annoying it is getting stuck with the Fido App Zone when you are not a Fido customer. Was your device originally purchased from Fido and then unlocked to use with Rogers or was your device purchased from Rogers or another source?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

IainS
I plan to stick around

Also for the folk with the LG V30, please also do a manual update check as OREO is now available via Rogers for that device also, it hasn't been added to their update schedule yet though.

Feralcat
I plan to stick around
Guess I'll be getting a new phone way before they decide to roll out Oreo for LG G5 unless now they decided against it.

Pauleen
I've been around

Moto z play

I see the Oreo update is available according to the OS update schedule but it's been several days now and still no OTA push to my phone. What gives?

Hey @Pauleen

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums :).

Motorola tends to push out their updates in batches. If you haven't received it yet, just sit tight and it should be available to you in the very near future. 

RogersCilio

Hi,

I have a Motorola G5, when will Android 8.1 be available for my cellphone?

Good afternoon @ccianciu!

Welcome to our Community!

I wish I had better news to share with you but if you do not see your phone listed in our OS updates list here: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/OS-Upgrades/OS-Upgrade-Schedule/td-p/354931 then we do not have any current update plans for that device. I am sorry.

I would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer directly for update advice if we do not have your device listed.

Regards,

RogersCorey

sprung
I plan to stick around

Re. Android Oreo for LG G5.  It is available now.  Just use LG Bridge software and it'll install the update for you.  No need to wait for it to be pushed OTA by Rogers.

I just updated my Rogers LG G5 H831 using LG Bridge.  Big 2.2GB update.

New Android version is 8.0.0

Android security patch level August 8, 2018

Topic Stats