Android Oreo

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Android Oreo

Samsung has now restarted the Oreo update for the S8 and S8+, but as with carriers being involved here it will take some time for Rogers to push this out, if it takes them nearly 2 months to push out a security update we will be waiting some time.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just remember if you do go thru the route of updating these phones using the 950U or 955U from XDA, you will have to revert back to Rogers stock rom that is Nougat to be able to officially update to oreo when rogers does get around to releasing it. I am running BRA8 Orea update on my note for the 950U model and it is running great no issues the only problem you will have is if you use wifi calling.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello, Fido is pushing Oreo updates to S8 later this month. What are Rogers plans?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

According to the OS upgrade schedule Rogers has no plans releasing 8.1 or 8.0 for S8/S8+
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers seems to be behind the curve when it comes to updates, not just on samsung phones. I also have LG V30 which has not received any updates, hopefully all will get it in time. A lot of patience is needed when dealing with updates and rogers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Mobile Syrup have said that Canadian Oreo will be arriving for both the S8's and the Note8 before the end of March.

Highlighted

Hey Community,

Great news! The OS Upgrade Schedule has been updated, and it looks like Android Oreo for the S8 and S8+ should be out later this month!

Me and my Note 8 are jealous.

Enjoy!

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yahy!! Rogers update schedule days Oreo will be available for S8/S8+ on March 19th..2 days 😄
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

19 march galaxy s8

galaxy s8 on air fm radio

hope it will be enable on the 19 march oreo update

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The Note 8 update is also coming before the end of March.