Android Oreo

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Android Oreo

Anyone knows when Oreo 8.0 will be available ??

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Android Oreo

Hello @Dart1969

Unfortunately at this moment Oreo 8.0 will be available only to the Nexus / Pixel devices. We will update this list when Samsung, LG, Sony, Huawei and others release the update to Rogers and Rogers releases the update on the devices. You can also look on the "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread daily to see any updates.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi!

Google says the upgrade is now in "carrier testing". So does that mean that's it's actually Rogers pushing out the update like on other Android devices? And usually how long (approximately) does this process take (days, weeks, months)? 

I bought a Pixel thinking I'd be getting updates directly from Google the day they were released. I have to admin I'm a bit disappointed :/

Thanks Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dlalonde

The updates can take weeks if not months depending on when the carriers actually receive the update, add their bloatware, test it and make sure it actually works without issues, then send it back to the manufacturers and then it gets sent out.

So unfortunately you will get the update like the rest of us but a wait may acur. Pixel devices get it straight from Google if you download file online straight from Google. You can visit the link below and see.

https://www.blog.google/products/android/android-oreo-superpowers-coming-device-near-you/
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you very much for your reply.

I do have a Pixel though. That's what's confusing about this. Why is it in "carrier testing" according to Google when normally it should just be pushed out from Google directly?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dlalonde

All updates for the Nexus / Pixel line come from Google. Carrier testing happens with all updates. It's to insure the update runs fine with the networks and won't affect anything.
I've Been Here Awhile

Oh I see. And are those tests made by Google or the actual carriers?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dlalonde

Both the carriers and Google. Once Testing is done by Rogers or any carrier, they give back the update to Google and they release it.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I installed Oreo last week using the system image. So far no issues. The official OTA is being pushed out now. Go to your settings and check for update. It should be available for all Rogers Pixels now.
I've Been Around

Anyone have any updates on the OTA launch of Android 8 for the Nexus 6p? The official update schedule says it was expected to launch yesterday but so far nothing. I've checked for updates manually through the day yesterday but still getting nothing.