Android M Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GibMcFragger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Android M Update?

Looks like it's set for March 9th for Telus. Is Rogers shooting for around then also?
http://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

BTW I like the way they actually give estimated dates for software releases. Much better than the Rogers page. Just sayin....lol.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

Not bad!. Again those can change without notice. So we shall see. I agree Rogers should be putting something like this up.
nexxusty
I Plan to Stick Around

This is Rogers. King of Canadian Android Bloatware.

Telus isin't. They're behind Bell in that regard who is behind Rogers.

I'll be updating on March 9th myself with the Telus ROM.

Getting sick of Rogers & Android.

We don't want your Bloatware. At all. It's all useless , and furthermore it's the reason why you take the longest to update phones. Seriously.... stop the madness Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nexxusty

I do agree and disagree at the same time. Again hopefully we will see if Telus does release it that exact date or not. Assuming they do Rogers will most likely follow as well. The updates need to come on time and even if there is a wait, shouldn't be long.
hdresden
I Plan to Stick Around

I dream of a day where carriers (and manufacturers) Just give us stock android and put their junk on the appstore.

Waiting half a year for an update is just stupid and the main reason my next phone will be a google phone.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hdresden

Thats something we all are hoping and wishing. If they can do it on the iPhone line and Nexus line then it can be done.
dough
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @JMPesce

The Samsung S6 will be getting the update. The information is not available at the moment due to some issues Samsung Canada is having with the update thus why it's not anywhere yet.

Actually, as of April 15 Rogers seems to be the last carrier in Canada (and all of North America) to update the

Galaxy S6 edge, so blaming Samsung Canada seems disingenuous. Not happy!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dough

Yes as i posted this in another thread just this morning. Telus has released the update for the S6 edge. Don't know why Rogers is holding back.