Android M Update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Android M Update?

Anyone know the ETA for Android M For the Note series phones?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Android M Update?

Hello @osmossis

Unfortunately at this moment there is no information on when and if the Note series will get the Android Market update. Please keep a eye out on our "OS Upgrade Schedule"thread for more information!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

few things....after researching the Android Marshmallow update (thanks to google):

Note 3 - will NOT get this update

Note 4 - will get this update

Note 5 - has this update

For some reason, Rogers does an awful job updating their O/S schedule and provides cryptic responses as to why they are so slow.

Anyways, the Note 4 will most likely get the update by end of March through to Mid April..... i hope....

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SS604

That is correct. Again its the same with all carriers. They do not post anything unless its been approved to be posted & let customers know. I agree the updates are slow VS our counterparts but again they do more work on the OS updates to make sure they work good on the networks.

The Note 3 will not get the Update as i spoke to Samsung Canada & they are responsible for that. (Spoke to someone in their head office)
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Would you be able to confirm or deny if the Galaxy S6 will be getting the update? I can't find the relevant information anywhere, and it's a little disconcerting.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JMPesce

The Samsung S6 will be getting the update. The information is not available at the moment due to some issues Samsung Canada is having with the update thus why it's not anywhere yet.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @JMPesce

The Samsung S6 will be getting the update. The information is not available at the moment due to some issues Samsung Canada is having with the update thus why it's not anywhere yet.

Hahaha, I see things with Sammy are still status quo 😛 Thank you so much for the information 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JMPesce

You are welcome!.. I only know this due to my Samsung rep I speak to lol
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Does that include the Edge+? Getting the update I mean. 🙂
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor