Android Lollipop Notifications

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Android Lollipop Notifications

I understand there's this new notifications upgrade which includes an 'interruption' feature. I'm trying to set it so my phone, when on mute, will still show LED notifications for messages and app notifications. I'm not seeing the same features as what's outlined in this guide:

http://blog.danlew.net/2015/01/13/a-guide-to-lollipop-notification-settings/

Does anyone know how we can still have it on mute yet receive alarm notifications and LED notifications for apps?

I don't want to have to have my phone set to vibrate or sound and I don't see just a 'priority' mode as per these tutorials. 

Running a Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0 version

Build number LRX21T.G900W8VLU1BOB3

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Android Lollipop Notifications

Hi @crescendo97 

So basically you want the LED to blink if you get a message or notification, but don't want sound/vibration?

If that's the case, what I've been doing is leaving it on vibrate, but with the vibration intensity for notifications turned down completely.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for that. Definitely a work around.

Do you know why we don't see the same settings as what's listed on websites for adjusting these interruption settings? When I hit my volume buttons up or down it only shows Mute Vibrate and Sound. I don't see the 'interruptions only' option as per blogs and other sites.

Highlighted

@crescendo97 

For some reason it's set up a little more awkward than it should be.

Swipe down from top, press gear icon, go to sounds and notifications.

Scroll down a little bit, then press Interruptions, which gives you a few options in terms of calls, messages, priority, etc.

If you select Only allow priority interruptions, you'll have a little star icon at the top to let you know you're in priority mode.

You can also set it up so only favourite contacts and specific apps can make it through the priority filter.

Hope that helps so far!

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. I did see those settings and was playing around with them. I definitely agree it's more complicated than it needs to be. I was just wondering why I can't find instructions online for the layout we have, or, moreso, why our layout is so different from anyone else running Lollipop.

I also noticed if you use swipe to unlock your screen, if you have a notification, like email, you can just click it and it unlocks and lets you into the phone without having to swipe. 

Guess there's still some kinks to work through.