cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9 (PIE)

BatJoe
I plan to stick around

Google has officially released Android 9 (PIE). And big surprise, Rogers is behind on releasing the August security patch and Android 9 (PIE). Their useless OS Upgrade sheet has nothing.

What's going on Rogers?

***Added Labels***

90 REPLIES 90

Re: Android 9 (PIE)

Ckfung
I've been around

Android Pie OTA

Hi I was wondering if Rogers has released the OTA yet?

As pie was only released yesterday I believe it needs to be signed off on by Rogers before the OTA is sent out to the phones? I keep resetting the Google framework cache to try and force the OTA but I guess there's no point if not evem released yet.

Anyone know if Rogers has released?

FanDroidBoi
I plan to stick around

I received the update late night. Pixel 2xl

FanDroidBoi
I plan to stick around

WiFi Calling not working on PIE - Pixel 2xl

I have tried to turn WiFi calling on but it won't stick. I tried a factory reset with the same results. Anyone else having this issue?

IainS
I plan to stick around
i just download the OTA zip file and used adb to install, always fed up waiting for Rogers and their approval process for updates.

Westopher
I've been around
Same here on pixel 2xl. Anybody have any insight?

Feralcat
I plan to stick around
If you have a Google phone you should already have it but for the rest of us as is always the case, updates will probably show up when Google is set to release a new version. Sucks but seems to be the way.

claven2
I plan to stick around

Galaxy S9 and pie OTA

Lots if news on my Google feed today about how samsung has started sending out OTA stable non-beta updates to android pie for the S9 and S9 plus in Europe and south America (dec 24th Christmas present?).

Any word on when Rogers will push the OTA, given the s9 series is one of Rogers'few current flagship phones not already on 9.0?

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @claven2

Stay tuned to the OS Upgrades page.  As soon as we have an update, we'll let you know there.

RogersDarrell

Feralcat
I plan to stick around
Hey claven2 I saw that also but seems like we in Canada will be the last to get them. I think soon though.

Skladman
I plan to stick around

Should I wait for Rogers to push it or just manually install the OTA zip myself via ADB? Not sure if that violates any Rogers rules or anything. EDIT: Nevermind - looks like the 965W version isn't available yet anyway.

Condotta1
I plan to stick around
Feralcat,
Funny you should say that! My wife and I both have Huawei p20 pro's (Rodgers obviously) and she got the 9 update earlier this week while traveling in the u.s. Meanwhile those of us here in Canada still wait.

claven2
I plan to stick around
Dear rogers:

The rest of the civilized world is seeing pie roll out for the s9 and s9+, yet it is not even listed on your roadmap.

When can we at least expect a comment on whether it's even on your radar??

When huawei announces a planned update, it's like you put it o your roadmap same day. What gives?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @claven2

With everything that's happening in China and Huawei, I think the carriers are taking a extra look at the software / holding off a bit.

I am not saying this is the case however. Just a thought. Rogers usually is late on sending out updates for all Android devices sadly.

Feralcat
I plan to stick around
Maybe there will be a new Galaxy phone by the time we get the update.

claven2
I plan to stick around
While I would normally agree with chicom brands like huawei, etc. Samsung is Korean, not Chinese. Nobody is accusing Korea of having spyware in their phones.

claven2
I plan to stick around
@Feralcat - sadly that looks likely. S10 due in feb/mar and pie is not even on the Roger's roadmap yet, despite samsung saying it will be fully rolled out internationally before the end of January.

Being a technophile in canada is so frustrating compared to the rest of the free world. High prices, slow service.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @claven2

My apologies. I read something about Huawei so I thought it was about that device. My apologies!.

As i said though. Rogers is always late in sending out updates. It's been like this for years unfortunately.

Feralcat
I plan to stick around
I agree it is frustrating and how we get milked like crazy in costs is brutal.

Ashwinmkumar
I've been here awhile
See how no mod has responded. Not only are they always late, they just dont care. I am out of Roger's once this contract completes.

claven2
I plan to stick around
The last day on the OS roadmap for any os update of any kind was January 7th. That was 2 days ago.

I doubt os rollouts for all phones have halted - can we have an update Rogers?

Ideally the update would include what you are doing with your most popular phone over the last year after the iphone - the samsung s9 series?
Topic Stats