cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9 (PIE)

BatJoe
I plan to stick around

Google has officially released Android 9 (PIE). And big surprise, Rogers is behind on releasing the August security patch and Android 9 (PIE). Their useless OS Upgrade sheet has nothing.

What's going on Rogers?

***Added Labels***

90 REPLIES 90

Re: Android 9 (PIE)

I still haven't recieved this update yet on my s9 and I'm kind of confused as to when I will be getting this update

Feralcat
I plan to stick around
Think about it this way: If you owed Rogers money they would be on you like bloodhounds but this is not the case. It's a service they are to provide their customers hence the "we don't care" attitude.

wungun
I plan to stick around

Canadian carrier OTA updates come from Samsung FUS...firmware update server. All carriers, in fact, except ATT and Verizon. They push their own OTA's.

All Pie updates were pushed over night for US carriers (except ATT & VZN)

So its still likely we will see something happen today/overnight. 

I like the optimism. I guess we'll see. I hope you're right.

ianyboy
I've been around

I just looked at the OS Upgrade Schedule, for my Note8, it mentions the January Security Update for today-tomorrow--someday :O.  Anyone have a clue if and when the Note8 will get Pie?

Ian Berube

goedhard
I plan to stick around

I kinda expected this to happen first thing at midnight, I mean Feb 4, 2019 at 12:01AM

I'm going to lose it if I don't get this by morning

nitingaba
I plan to stick around
Yesterday Samsung rolled out the update for Sprint on "Feb 3rd" basically just before midnight EST so hopefully we see the same for us here. I believe T-Mobile was the same as well.

wungun
I plan to stick around

@nitingaba wrote:
Yesterday Samsung rolled out the update for Sprint on "Feb 3rd" basically just before midnight EST so hopefully we see the same for us here. I believe T-Mobile was the same as well.

yeah, thats what expect here too...

But we are looking at likely all the major canadian carriers giving the thumbs up right now.

ryh
I've been here awhile

samsung s9 update on the community forms  it said that the android pie update will take place today on 4 feb

but i m not seeing anything.

wungun
I plan to stick around
Yeah, the update isnt showing on Sammy server yet, so no push...

Doug_Whaley
I've been around

Guess Roger's dropped the ball again

wungun
I plan to stick around
That'a all this business is about... Mlet downs and missed deadlines. Koreans do it better than anyone!

revhappy
I plan to stick around
Set your expectations low.
We've all gone this long without Pie, what's a few more days?
Although Korea has the fastest internet, here, it's a different story. You can't possibly expect thousands of phones to ping a handful of servers all at once for 100% throughput. I always install updates 1 week after release and monitor for any issues people may have to prevent any more headaches for myself.

Feralcat
I plan to stick around
I agree. I'm doing all the proper backups and such to ensure when update is available things will go smoothly.

This article is great on the pros and cons of the Pie update and some issues reported by users.

https://www.gottabemobile.com/10-things-to-do-before-installing-galaxy-s9-android-pie/

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around

Rogers changed the date of release to February 7th.

Skladman
I plan to stick around

It's one thing to have delays. They are inevitable, as awful as they are. Things happen. Being transparent about these things is the ideal way to let customers know what's going on. Just tell us the truth and we'll nod and go on with our lives.

However, it's another thing to blatantly lie. On Twitter, RogersHelps has falsely claimed that the update was already out and being sent out in batches, which people have exclaimed was inaccurate, and now with these news that the update has been delayed to the 7th, that's only further proof to the matter.

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello @Skladman ,

Check out my post from 45 min. ago here: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Android/Samsung-S9-amp-S9-Plus-Android-PIE/m-p/439255#M52057

RogersDarrell

Skladman
I plan to stick around

Yes, I saw your post, hence my comment.

Hi @Skladman!

We literally only found out about this delay moments before @RogersDarrell posted the update. Before we received this news, we were still operating on the info that we had previously and as far as we were aware, the update was being rolled out in batches by Samsung. Please keep in mind that it does take time to disseminate this news down the chain to our other support groups.

At this stage, social media should now be fully aware of the delay.

We are doing our best to be transparent with our Community which is why Darrell created a brand new thread to highlight this news and share it with everyone as soon as he received word.

Regards,

RogersCorey

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around

A communication company that doesn't know how to communicate.

Feralcat
I plan to stick around
As much as I want the Pie update, I can wait few more days. Gives me more time to backup, clean an prep phone for new update.👍
Topic Stats