Android 9 (PIE)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Android 9 (PIE)

@nitingaba wrote:
Yesterday Samsung rolled out the update for Sprint on "Feb 3rd" basically just before midnight EST so hopefully we see the same for us here. I believe T-Mobile was the same as well.

yeah, thats what expect here too...

But we are looking at likely all the major canadian carriers giving the thumbs up right now.

I've Been Here Awhile

samsung s9 update on the community forms  it said that the android pie update will take place today on 4 feb

but i m not seeing anything.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, the update isnt showing on Sammy server yet, so no push...
I've Been Around

Guess Roger's dropped the ball again

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That'a all this business is about... Mlet downs and missed deadlines. Koreans do it better than anyone!
I Plan to Stick Around

Set your expectations low.
We've all gone this long without Pie, what's a few more days?
Although Korea has the fastest internet, here, it's a different story. You can't possibly expect thousands of phones to ping a handful of servers all at once for 100% throughput. I always install updates 1 week after release and monitor for any issues people may have to prevent any more headaches for myself.
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree. I'm doing all the proper backups and such to ensure when update is available things will go smoothly.

This article is great on the pros and cons of the Pie update and some issues reported by users.

https://www.gottabemobile.com/10-things-to-do-before-installing-galaxy-s9-android-pie/
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers changed the date of release to February 7th.

I Plan to Stick Around

It's one thing to have delays. They are inevitable, as awful as they are. Things happen. Being transparent about these things is the ideal way to let customers know what's going on. Just tell us the truth and we'll nod and go on with our lives.

However, it's another thing to blatantly lie. On Twitter, RogersHelps has falsely claimed that the update was already out and being sent out in batches, which people have exclaimed was inaccurate, and now with these news that the update has been delayed to the 7th, that's only further proof to the matter.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Skladman ,

Check out my post from 45 min. ago here: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Android/Samsung-S9-amp-S9-Plus-Android-PIE/m-p/439255#M52057

RogersDarrell