Android 9 (PIE)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Android 9 (PIE)

Hey folks! 

I know you're all highly anticipating this update but there still seems to be some confusion and misinformation floating around about how the OTA update process works with Android OSes.

Once approved, it is the manufacturer that rolls out the update, not Rogers. Please have a look at this handy infographic that's underneath the OS Update chart to better understand the process:

Rogers Infographic English.jpg

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

I don't know exactly what I'm looking at but I'm going to keep hitting F5 until that "False" turn "True" lol
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for the infograohic @RogersCorey .

To better understand this though, what is the time period that this time frame relates to?

For example, Android Pie came out in March of 2018.  Is it up to 6 months from that date? Or is it an additional 4 weeks - 6 months to be approved by the manufacturer after the carrier submits the update for approval?

Essentially, the release schedule put the Pie release date for S9/S9+ for today but does that mean it could take an additional 4 weels to 6 months?

Just looking for clarification so we all understand it a little better and thank you for being active and around in this thread to answer questions.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersCo

@RogersCorey wrote:

Hey folks! 

I know you're all highly anticipating this update but there still seems to be some confusion and misinformation floating around about how the OTA update process works with Android OSes.

Once approved, it is the manufacturer that rolls out the update, not Rogers. Please have a look at this handy infographic that's underneath the OS Update chart to better understand the process:

Regards,

RogersCorey

rey Yes, I understand Samsung handles FUS delivery for Rogers...
We just wanna figure out when it exactly is rolling out/goes live OTA

I Plan to Stick Around

@Jgram613
No, Pie will be rolling out today, thruout the day.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersCorey wrote:

Hey folks! 

Regards,

RogersCorey

I think the only confusion here is coming from Rogers... In the schedule is saying today... So it is today or in 4 weeks to 6 months?

I Plan to Stick Around

@FelipeVancim 

No, 6 months from when Samsung first started Pie builds....

Keep checkng forr updates. Itll be today

I Plan to Stick Around

Wow...going exactly as I expected....

I'm Here A Lot

@wungun wrote:

Wow...going exactly as I expected....

At this point, I don't think we are getting it today.  If they miss the rest of the day, I don't have much faith that we will be receiving it in the near future.

I Plan to Stick Around

Its all up to Samsung at this point...