cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9 (PIE)

BatJoe
I plan to stick around

Google has officially released Android 9 (PIE). And big surprise, Rogers is behind on releasing the August security patch and Android 9 (PIE). Their useless OS Upgrade sheet has nothing.

What's going on Rogers?

***Added Labels***

90 REPLIES 90

Re: Android 9 (PIE)

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

Samsung galaxy note 9/carrier update

With android pie (9.0) coming Feb 11th will this support carrier/gigabit speeds?

wungun
I plan to stick around

Fido releases their S9 firmware on the 4th.im not gonna wait for Rogers W firmware on the 11th... anyways

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
Good job Rogers. Moved the date by a week. What a shock

Pathetic

wungun
I plan to stick around
Yeah they moved S9....
Moved it a week sooner!
Today
N9 pushed to next week

wungun
I plan to stick around

Please report here if youre on Oreo and get the Pie update OTA

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around

I'm still waiting for it...

You can check this links to see when it is live.

http://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G965W/RWC/doc.html (Rogers)
http://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G965W/FMC/doc.html (Fido)

Jgram613
I'm here a lot

Still waiting for the update as well.  I have faith in Rogers that they will push it today.  All of the USA carriers have pushed it and the majority of the rest of the world has had it for quite awhile.

On one hand I can appreciate the quality control to ensure we receive a bug free experience but on the other hand Rogers has to keep pace.  I guess we will see if Fido gets it today as well.

wungun
I plan to stick around
Are those sites timely?
I would think there would be a huge notification delay.
Im watching here...
http://fota-cloud-dn.ospserver.net/firmware/RWC/SM-G965W/version.xml

Hey folks! 

I know you're all highly anticipating this update but there still seems to be some confusion and misinformation floating around about how the OTA update process works with Android OSes.

Once approved, it is the manufacturer that rolls out the update, not Rogers. Please have a look at this handy infographic that's underneath the OS Update chart to better understand the process:

Rogers Infographic English.jpg

Regards,

RogersCorey

I don't know exactly what I'm looking at but I'm going to keep hitting F5 until that "False" turn "True" lol

Thank you for the infograohic @RogersCorey .

To better understand this though, what is the time period that this time frame relates to?

For example, Android Pie came out in March of 2018.  Is it up to 6 months from that date? Or is it an additional 4 weeks - 6 months to be approved by the manufacturer after the carrier submits the update for approval?

Essentially, the release schedule put the Pie release date for S9/S9+ for today but does that mean it could take an additional 4 weels to 6 months?

Just looking for clarification so we all understand it a little better and thank you for being active and around in this thread to answer questions.

wungun
I plan to stick around

@RogersCo

@RogersCorey wrote:

Hey folks! 

I know you're all highly anticipating this update but there still seems to be some confusion and misinformation floating around about how the OTA update process works with Android OSes.

Once approved, it is the manufacturer that rolls out the update, not Rogers. Please have a look at this handy infographic that's underneath the OS Update chart to better understand the process:

Regards,

RogersCorey

rey Yes, I understand Samsung handles FUS delivery for Rogers...
We just wanna figure out when it exactly is rolling out/goes live OTA

wungun
I plan to stick around
@Jgram613
No, Pie will be rolling out today, thruout the day.

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around

@RogersCorey wrote:

Hey folks! 

Regards,

RogersCorey

I think the only confusion here is coming from Rogers... In the schedule is saying today... So it is today or in 4 weeks to 6 months?

wungun
I plan to stick around

@FelipeVancim 

No, 6 months from when Samsung first started Pie builds....

Keep checkng forr updates. Itll be today

wungun
I plan to stick around

Wow...going exactly as I expected....

@wungun wrote:

Wow...going exactly as I expected....

At this point, I don't think we are getting it today.  If they miss the rest of the day, I don't have much faith that we will be receiving it in the near future.

wungun
I plan to stick around

Its all up to Samsung at this point...

Feralcat
I plan to stick around
I will be surprised if they make good on their word but doubt it.

Still nothing as of 3:05pm... Slightly disappointing, but not overly surprising. 

Anyone know a Note 9 user, wondering if they mixed the two up. Rogers previously had the Note 9 receiving the update before us. 

-S9+ 

edit, spelling

wungun
I plan to stick around

No....fota shows N9 still on ARJA as of 4:20pm

Topic Stats