Android 9 (PIE)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Android 9 (PIE)

Hmm... buy a new S10 when I only got an S9+ in November... you sure you don't work for rogers? Not sure how many ppl change out their phone every 3 months just to get the latest security patches and OS tweaks, but I'm not one of them.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kavkaz

Not everyone has $1,500 laying around every 6 months or so for a new phone you know.

OS Updates are meant to keep a phone up to date with current software and security patches. Just like the Pixel and iPhone which get the updates. Apple did the best thing which most manufactures can't do. Have the OS software updates be installed straight from Apple.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well that's perplexing. The s8 series is getting a security patch tomorrow, while the s9 series has not been updated since November, 2 android security updates ago.

These sequencing decisions just don't make any sense to me.
I've Been Here Awhile

You seem to be making one small mistake, thinking logically. You have no evidence that people at Roger's have that capability.
I've Been Around

I've seen the update rolled out through other carriers when is PIE expected from Rogers? They don't specify the S9+ on their update schedule.
I've Been Around

@daniel10. Could you briefly tell us how you did it? Where did you find the zip file for SM-G965W? Did it affect the Knox?
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers has been sitting on build CSAA (FOTA) for S9+ for 2 weeks now...
CSA7 ended up on Verizon servers but didn't push OTA for some reason, and S9 firmware was pulled.
It would seem Pie is final in the US (and probably Canada too) so now we wait for the carriers...
Not holding my breath
I Plan to Stick Around

And this is what these companies call providing utmost customer service. We need to be allowed to have more companies in Canada besides the big three who control everything and rip us off.
I Plan to Stick Around

I was just curiously reading this thread and then went to the OS upgrade schedule.  It is now indicated that the S9 and + will receive Pie on feb 14 for Valentine's day!  

I Plan to Stick Around

February 11th is what I see for the S9's