Android 9 (PIE)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Android 9 (PIE)

Google has officially released Android 9 (PIE). And big surprise, Rogers is behind on releasing the August security patch and Android 9 (PIE). Their useless OS Upgrade sheet has nothing.

What's going on Rogers?

***Added Labels***

I've Been Around

Re: Android 9 (PIE)

Android Pie OTA

Hi I was wondering if Rogers has released the OTA yet?

As pie was only released yesterday I believe it needs to be signed off on by Rogers before the OTA is sent out to the phones? I keep resetting the Google framework cache to try and force the OTA but I guess there's no point if not evem released yet.

Anyone know if Rogers has released?

I Plan to Stick Around

I received the update late night. Pixel 2xl

I Plan to Stick Around

WiFi Calling not working on PIE - Pixel 2xl

I have tried to turn WiFi calling on but it won't stick. I tried a factory reset with the same results. Anyone else having this issue?

I Plan to Stick Around

i just download the OTA zip file and used adb to install, always fed up waiting for Rogers and their approval process for updates.
I've Been Around

Same here on pixel 2xl. Anybody have any insight?
I Plan to Stick Around

If you have a Google phone you should already have it but for the rest of us as is always the case, updates will probably show up when Google is set to release a new version. Sucks but seems to be the way.
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy S9 and pie OTA

Lots if news on my Google feed today about how samsung has started sending out OTA stable non-beta updates to android pie for the S9 and S9 plus in Europe and south America (dec 24th Christmas present?).

Any word on when Rogers will push the OTA, given the s9 series is one of Rogers'few current flagship phones not already on 9.0?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @claven2

Stay tuned to the OS Upgrades page.  As soon as we have an update, we'll let you know there.

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey claven2 I saw that also but seems like we in Canada will be the last to get them. I think soon though.