Android 7 for galaxy s6 edge

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Android 7 for galaxy s6 edge

Telus is now pushing Nougat to S6 Edge...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JayPoel

No worries :). I see your point and understand it as well!

Telus seems to have released it as well for the S6 edge + only.

As for the S6 and S6 edge, this is what they said

" We do intend to bring Nougat to the S6 but we’re currently working to ensure the best possible experience for our users. The release date will be updated as soon as we’re certain the experience will be seamless,” said the spokesperson."

So who knows what's going on.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rzanatta

Only for the S6 edge+. Not for the S6 and S6 edge.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

Good news. Rogers updated their OS Upgrade Schedule post which shows both the S6 and S6 Edge will get the udo ate to Nougat on May 1st.

I'll post back if anything changes!
I've Been Around

I had to have some warranty work done on my phone by samsung, they replaced the motherboard. Now my phone is unlocked, will i get the upgrade from rogers?

I can provide any info that may help decipher if i will or not.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @shipwama88

The update was for the S6 to 7.0 Nougat was released on May 1st as per the OS Upgrade Schedule Thread. If you have not gotten it yet, it could be that it's still being pushed don't in stages. I would suggest try doing a factory reset on the device to see if that will bring up the update.

I'm Here A Lot

Well i did the Factory reset.

Didnt push the update on to me

Current version G920W8VLU5CPK4

G920W80ya5cpk4

g920w8vlu5cpk4 is what it says.

AGain i had to get a new mother board under warranty by samsung and then it had to be unlocked...

Is there any other way to tell that I actually will get this?

I'm Here A Lot

EVen more confusing to me

Again i had my phone warrantied by samsung this was an actual phone bought through rogers and now when i did the factory reset... it brings up the apps into my phone My telus and Telus apps but i have never been a telus customer..

Please help

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @shipwama88

It doesn't matter if the motherboard was changed by Samsung due to a tech issue. The update will come. Just wait for it to show up and it will come. :). It does take time so a bit of patience is needs.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks Meowmix

I apreciate it,

I will try to have patience, i really want to get this, hopefully it all works out i am confused why i got those telus apps