Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Can't send or receive pictures via text message

Hi,

I updated my Samsung 6 last night and now I'm unable to send or receive photos in my text messages.

never a problem before. My mobile data is on. Anyone know what the upgrade my have changed?

thanks!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

first try turning mms messaging off, reboot the phone then turn it back on. If that doesn't work then backup your phone and try doing a factory reset. 

@Lwee wrote:

Can't send or receive pictures via text message

Hi,

I updated my Samsung 6 last night and now I'm unable to send or receive photos in my text messages.

never a problem before. My mobile data is on. Anyone know what the upgrade my have changed?

thanks!

@Lwee

I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix
So yesterday 60+ apps on my computer updated. After that things are much better. The push notifications are working again!
There are still several issues but manageable.
So I just needed to wait 2 weeks for everything to update and settle.
Thanks for your help.
I Plan to Stick Around

Does this update include Google Assistant or is that a separate update, maybe to the Google app itself?  I haven't found any mention of Assistant on these forums but there are supposedly ways to get it on phones in Canada.

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @davej13

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums. Google Assistant does sounds like a great feature!

Pixel and Pixel Xl are the only phones in Canada that have Google Assistant.  

Google Assistant is also available via the Google Home device at this time, you can check it out here. 

RogersPrasana

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @davej13

Only actual devices which have them installed is the Google Pixel line.

However there is a look hole which most devices can change their location to US and on the Google play account to US and you can download it straight to the phone as the app.

Also this is a Google question to ask as Google is the one blocking it from coming to any other devices. Remember they rather have it in their own phones instead.
I Plan to Stick Around

I may not have the proper context here but google assistant works on my galaxy s8 as well. I believe its on all "flagship" devices with 7.0.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @RogersPrasana & @Meowmix,

Just a quick note - I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and received the Google Assistant Update a few months ago (article about Google assistant rollout).

Screenshot from my phone:

Screenshot_20170724-201721.png

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @trimaican

Yes that is correct! I noticed it on my S8+ just now. Didn't really bother seeing it before.

@robindp You are correct. I just searched it up before and see it. Many still don't see it on their device and can't download it though. So maybe something going on?
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Meowmix,

I received an "Update Software" pop-up window one Monday morning and accepted.

Have you tried Settings > Software Update > Download Updates Manually? I had to do this on my father's Galaxy S7 Edge to get the last OS Update (Google Assistant appeared shortly after).