Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Oh, if you didn't buy your phone from Rogers you cannot expect an update pushed to your phone. Rogers only pushes updates to phones which are locked to them and were bought from them.

In your case, if you got a phone from Sony you should get support and updates from Sony directly.
I'm Here A Lot

That explains one thing, but I work at a Rogers store. The phone model there is a Rogers phone and it still hasn't had the update pushed to their device. So there's obviously a delay or something wrong with the update management. My phone was given to me by sony because I am an android ambassador. But I'm sure it's locked to Rogers.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TeDD13

Thats only for Android / Windows phones. Apple iPhones do not have to wait and get it straight from Rogers. It seems this will go on for a while as the carriers rather have control of the updates with Android. Apple forced carriers to not touch the updates and let Apple control the updates. That's how it should be with all carriers and all OS systems but yea.

I have a Sony Xperia X and it's factory unlocked straight from Sony ( got it as a gift during Christmas from Sony as i worked for them). It received the update without any issues. I wonder what's up.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Penae2 

@Penae2 wrote:
That explains one thing, but I work at a Rogers store. The phone model there is a Rogers phone and it still hasn't had the update pushed to their device. So there's obviously a delay or something wrong with the update management. My phone was given to me by sony because I am an android ambassador. But I'm sure it's locked to Rogers.

Where are you located, the updates are pushed out in phases, perhaps your location is the issue.

I'm Here A Lot

Yes I understand that, but I'm sure the phone in my store which Is a demo unit from Rogers. Still didn't get an update, I know mine is from Sony itself but it still seems that not everyone has the update with Rogers. There was an article saying that literally 1% of ppl have started using nougat. Which means not everyone is getting the push for the software
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gp-se

While it works like that, normally eveyone should have gotten the update a week or so within the release.

Fast forward today when I went to the Rogers store underneath the Rogers head office in Toronto. The demo units have yet received the update and the store manager said there is a delay with the update it seems. ( Don't known how reliant that is).
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Penae2

Yes that is correct. I went to the Rogers store underneath the Rogers head office today and they haven't received the update on their demo units and one rep which has the device straight from Rogers still hasnt received it. No one here neither us RE know the reasons behind this. It's all up to the Rogers management at head office and the development team.

Usually as i explained many times before the update gets pushed out in phases but being a city as Toronto and their store underneath the Rogers head office still hasn't received it has made thinking here.
I'm Here A Lot

Guys, please look at the Rogers website and you will see that they are still incapable to even give a release date. No one got from Rogers yet.
Rogers people monitoring this thread, please prove me wrong and give us the release date!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @andrepgmp

That means nothing. The thread doesn't always get update as quick as many think.

Some with the Sony Xperia X got the update meanwhile others have not. Also depends on which device u are speaking about.
I'm Here A Lot

To my point they will put the date after they get the update working because they have no schedule and update team is disorganized. Properly run update teams have release dates. Only Sony devices baught direct got it. Roger is still trying to figure it out. I defy them to prove me wrong and give us a release date for your experia or my S6 .