cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

HakimG
I've been around

Does anyone know when the Android 7.0 Nougat update will be available to phones like the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?

163 REPLIES 163

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dspec

It happened with me on my S6 I remember. From what i remember it took around 2 tech agents to look into it.. The phone didn't seem to connect with the servers properly and had to do alot on their side.

Jakkebsmom
I've been around
I have the s6. I read that the new update would be out today but I still haven't received it. I have been having issues with my phone and Rogers said the update should fix it. Is there a chance that the connection issues I'm having are stopping me from getting the update? I am connected to WiFi now.

It hasn't gone out yet, that version G920W8VLU5DQD4 is out of the side of videotron

Galtabs2
I've been here awhile

Samsung galaxy tab s2 nougat update? 

Any idea when this will be Available?  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Galtabs2

Unfortunately at this moment there is no information in if this tablet will get the Nougat update. Visit the OS Upgrade Schedule Thread on a daily basis to see if they updated it with any information!.

Aghaz
I've been around

When I am getting tab s2 Android 7 update it's say  5 th June ,and it's 6th June but no update?????

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Aghaz

Have you checked manually to see if the update has been pushed through? Do remember that not everyone will get it at once. It gets sent out in stages.

aigsr
I've been here awhile

I updated my samsung s6 to android nougat - big mistake. Since then I have a huge number of problems.

The biggest issue is that my push notifications are delayed by up to 12 hours.

For example Gmail sends me notifications messages several hours later for email that I have read through my web-browser.

This issue is not App specific as it also happens with Outlook, Whatsapp and Skype.

Has anyone else seen this issue? If so is there a fix?

I am at the stage where I am planning to wipe my entire phone and go back to the previous OS version.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, avoid nougat at all cost.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @aigsr

Have you made sure all the settings are correct with your Gmail? Auto sync and such?

I have heard this with some devices causing this but have been fixed with just a simple reboot or factory reset. Sometimes the updates when they come can cause a small glitch like this.

vnk
I plan to stick around

Well, IMO I cannot say "stay away". After upgrading my S7, there are a lot of some new features, what I like. But the same time I give up on outlook app - it was a big issue with delays. Also my K9 stop pushing. However, instead of K9 I installed Bluemail - absolutely no any problem. Access to hotmail instead of outlook I setup on Aquamail - again, absolutely no problem.
I think there are a lot of compatibility issue.   

However, I have some strange behaving with my Bluetooth. Sometimes it does not route calls to Bluetooth, it is going on the phone. and it is the same with my headset and car. Was perfect on Marshmallow. Just today installed an update, maybe it is fixed (without new glitchess) 🙂

AND, yes, I am missing a hotspot switch in the quick menu. Later I found that PowerToggles app resolved this issue too.

Yes, you can stay on older version especially if it is stable, or you can get a newer software with new features. But be prepared for "surprises". Partially it is  a Samsung problem, partially it is a Rogers problem. 

I am not expecting Rogers would fix all problems. You have to play with various setting and apps.

aigsr
I've been here awhile

@Meowmix , I have checked all the Gmail settings and they set correctly. The accounts sync settings are ok. As mentioned the problem is not isolated to one application.

I have also removed these apps from the Battery Optimzations and any other settings that would cause the apps to sleep. I have also rebooted the phone multiple times.

Here are some other issues I am now experiencing:

- Whatsapp shows incorrect number of unread messages

- Outlook continues to show notifications for messages that have already been read

- I get notifications for different accounts on Google at different times. For example two accounts may get the same message, however, one account will show the notification an hour later than the other.

This leads me to believe that it has something to do with the push notifications.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @aigsr

Hmm then indeed it seems to be a issue with the push notifications. I'll see what I can dig up for you!

aigsr
I've been here awhile

@vnk, I am not looking for Rogers to solve this. Just trying to see if anyone else has seen this and what they did to fix it.

The reality is that push-notifications are critical to mobile phones. If it's not working then it makes the smart-phone useless.

A_Visitor
I plan to stick around
Hi vnk, what else have you spotted from today's update in addition to the missing hotspot setting? Thanks!

Lwee
I've been here awhile

Can't send or receive pictures via text message

Hi,

I updated my Samsung 6 last night and now I'm unable to send or receive photos in my text messages.

never a problem before. My mobile data is on. Anyone know what the upgrade my have changed?

thanks!

gp-se
I'm an advisor

first try turning mms messaging off, reboot the phone then turn it back on. If that doesn't work then backup your phone and try doing a factory reset. 

@Lwee wrote:

Can't send or receive pictures via text message

Hi,

I updated my Samsung 6 last night and now I'm unable to send or receive photos in my text messages.

never a problem before. My mobile data is on. Anyone know what the upgrade my have changed?

thanks!

@Lwee

aigsr
I've been here awhile
@Meowmix
So yesterday 60+ apps on my computer updated. After that things are much better. The push notifications are working again!
There are still several issues but manageable.
So I just needed to wait 2 weeks for everything to update and settle.
Thanks for your help.

davej13
I plan to stick around

Does this update include Google Assistant or is that a separate update, maybe to the Google app itself?  I haven't found any mention of Assistant on these forums but there are supposedly ways to get it on phones in Canada.

Hi @davej13

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums. Google Assistant does sounds like a great feature!

Pixel and Pixel Xl are the only phones in Canada that have Google Assistant.  

Google Assistant is also available via the Google Home device at this time, you can check it out here. 

RogersPrasana

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @davej13

Only actual devices which have them installed is the Google Pixel line.

However there is a look hole which most devices can change their location to US and on the Google play account to US and you can download it straight to the phone as the app.

Also this is a Google question to ask as Google is the one blocking it from coming to any other devices. Remember they rather have it in their own phones instead.

trimaican
I plan to stick around

I may not have the proper context here but google assistant works on my galaxy s8 as well. I believe its on all "flagship" devices with 7.0.