cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

HakimG
I've been around

Does anyone know when the Android 7.0 Nougat update will be available to phones like the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?

163 REPLIES 163

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

denzyl
I'm here a lot

Check out this link.

http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/

Scroll down to How to Change CSC in Samsung Galaxy and follow instructions

robertz
I plan to stick around
Does that work a non-rooted S7?

Yes works on non rooted phone.

enrai
I plan to stick around
So I'm sure most of you have update your OS to Nougat for Galaxy S7. What do you think? Likes/dislikes? Issues?

robertz
I plan to stick around
Wow - the community forum is actually working again?

Don't like the quick battery status being taken away. Going into device maintenance and having the system resources scanned is wasteful.

Otherwise it seems like a cosmetic upgrade.

jmatteis
I plan to stick around

Not 100% sold on the muted or light theme for messages...  I prefer the stock messaging app although I know there are many alternatives out there.  I have read on other forums that you can't change the colours of the messages, etc, like you used to be able to... as a solution, I had to change the background, so the conversation would pop out.  

So far, like the fonts, layout, etc.  as above, not pleased with the process of "notifications" or "status" having to load all apps in order to back out of it.  But happy that this upgrade fixed some other issues I had with my S7

enrai
I plan to stick around

So I had a couple of days to play around with my Nougat S7e phone. I found it is similar to my dearly missed Note7.

I don't like the fact that the shortcuts to favourite settings are gone, and also I also missed the shortcut to Mobile Hotspot on the pull-down menu. I had similar issue with the N7 with these buttons being missing from the option.

I don't like the fact that they dropped the screen resolution. I brought it back up to max... 🙂

I do like the ability to reply to a text message right from the notification. I'm also glad to have the Blue Light Filter option on this phone now.

I haven't really encountered all the new options or what I'm missing compared to Marshmallow. I'm hoping the battery-life would be improved. And hopefully they fixed the connectivity issue, although I don't think it did much different. Maybe I need to go back to EXT again as a quick fix to this issue.

robertz
I plan to stick around
Try Aquamail for an email client. I use multiple accounts and it works great. Also very configurable for a lot of sources like aspects, including look and feel.

Battery life seems as good or better than Marshmallow.

vnk
I plan to stick around

Hi All,

I hope I got a right place to ask this question

After upgrade to Nougat, my main mail client, which is a K-9 does not get new messages in the background. Looks like it is in a sleep mode. I put few apps in  a sleep mode, but don't think I would do it with mail client.

My question is- how do I see a list of "sleeping" apps? Is there is a way to revert app to normal mode? Even the apps I know I put in sleep mode, long press to icon gives me options to uninstall or info. Nothing else. 

my other mail client (Aquamail) and gmail are running fine.

Arkdom
I plan to stick around
Waited so long and ended up with the worst update. Phone now unreliable. GPS turns on by self. Push notifications stop working randomly sometimes for hours. Wifi connections on and off. I tried full reset and these are the main issues that remain. I would go back to 6.0.1 if I could.

ctatham
I plan to stick around
Battery life is really not good. Step backward.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ctatham

You aren't the only one. Many have battery issues going on after the update it seems 😞

vnk
I plan to stick around

For me, Aquamail is working fine too, no any issue. However K-9 push sometimes works, sometimes don't:-(

Also I really missing hotspot shortcut in the quick menu.

Yes, new menu. Is it better? Not sure. IMO it should be a reason to change a menu. Here we got a lot of just movement, from place to place. Do not see a lot of new features except the option to put an app in sleep mode and notification with the option to perform an action.

Sleep looks to me a joke because it places in sleep mode the app, which uses in backgrounds like 0.2% or less. Do I really care if my battery would run for 20 hours or would give me a few minutes more, while the main core programs are doing the same big draw of power?

I like the phone, but really long waiting for update did not meet the expectation.

robertz
I plan to stick around
Battery life is definitely worse, but not by a lot.

Noticed a couple times it wouldn't connect to WiFi when I returned home.

Otherwise seems smooth and no other glitches have occurred.

addios
I'm here a lot

is there an ETA for Nougat OS for the Note 5. its already out in the states, wondering when Rogers is going to roll out the update

Pug667
I've been around

When is the Galaxy note 5 getting Android nougat cause all other carriers have released it for the note 5

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Pug667

Sadly there is no information on when it will come. I hope they release some sort of message showing it will be updating to the Nougat update as well on Rogers. Ill keep this updated when i get more info.

addios
I'm here a lot

seems like everyone except Rogers has rolled out the update for note 5. hopefully it comes soon

LordZog
I plan to stick around

Note 5 Nougat update is now available. 1222MB.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Rogers as of this morning released the Nougat update for the Note 5! It's around almost 1220MB. So do the update on WiFi and make sure ur device is plugged into hr charger!.

addios
I'm here a lot
It almost makes me wonder they had the update the entire time but just didn't feel like updating till everyone else released and then they had to