Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Hello @Campanola

You can update to whatever u want but do remember that updating software which is meant for another carrier may cause some network issues and issues with the Rogers branded apps like My Rogers and such. That's all. Also if u have a issue with ur branded device and sent it into repair, the repair center will refuse to fix it as the software is not the same as the Rogers one that was on it before.
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok, thanks Meowmix.

My CSC code is OYA. By looking online, I have found that it's maybe not specific to one provider, but to all the following canadian provider: BMC, BWA, FMC, KDO, MTA, PCM, RWC, SOL, SPC, TLS, VMC.

should I change my CSC to Rogers (RWC) then? What's the CSC for Freedom?

Thanks,

I Plan to Stick Around

GLW is Wind.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey, how did you change your CSC?

Did you use ODIN, or another method?

Do your CSC change method, completely erase all data?

My S7 is from WIND, unlocked and using on Rogers.

I got the Nougat(7.0) update last night, and you confirmed it was from Freedom(wind), since my CSC is still Wind.

Also with Wind CSC, I don't see WIFI calling in the options screen or VoLTE.

Can a Rogers store update my CSC...I don't have a Windows PC(for ODIN).

Thanks.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Check out this link.

http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/

Scroll down to How to Change CSC in Samsung Galaxy and follow instructions

I Plan to Stick Around

Does that work a non-rooted S7?
I'm Here A Lot

Yes works on non rooted phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

So I'm sure most of you have update your OS to Nougat for Galaxy S7. What do you think? Likes/dislikes? Issues?
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow - the community forum is actually working again?

Don't like the quick battery status being taken away. Going into device maintenance and having the system resources scanned is wasteful.

Otherwise it seems like a cosmetic upgrade.
I Plan to Stick Around

Not 100% sold on the muted or light theme for messages...  I prefer the stock messaging app although I know there are many alternatives out there.  I have read on other forums that you can't change the colours of the messages, etc, like you used to be able to... as a solution, I had to change the background, so the conversation would pop out.  

So far, like the fonts, layout, etc.  as above, not pleased with the process of "notifications" or "status" having to load all apps in order to back out of it.  But happy that this upgrade fixed some other issues I had with my S7

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.