Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Hello @Scas

Indeed they did.)Smiley Happy We shall see. Hopefully they do!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

Just wanted to update the thread. Rogers updated their OS Update Schedule thread with the new information regarding the Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. The date showing is March 20th, 2017.The Nougat update brings with it the ability to run two apps on the same screen, along with improved battery life and access to new emoji.

Please do remember that the date can change. I'll keep you posted if it does!
I've Been Around

Is there any mention of the Note 5?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @imdonsmdso

Unfortunately the Note 5 doesn't show it will be updated right now. Keep looking at this thread or the OS Upgrade Schedule thread for more information When it comes in
I've Been Here Awhile

Is it normal that I have to wait after Rogers for my OS update? I bought my Galaxy S7 full price directly from Samsung store. When I insert the first SIM card, the phone locks to the provider of that SIM card, in my case with Rogers. But, Samsung gives you a code to unlock it after. So, that's what I did. I used a Bell SIM card to unlock it and then went back with the Rogers SIM card without having to unlocking it again. Seems like once it's unlocked, it stays unlocked. From what I read online, I should be able to get the update unless all canadian Galaxy phones have to wait. Anybody here have an explanation? Thanks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Campanola

Any device bought from a manufacturer is factory unlocked and does not have the bloatware from any carrier. So the updates will come straight from the manufacturers without any late updates.

If you buy a device locked to a carrier, all bloatware is connected to the carrier it is locked too. The unlocking code only unlocks the device to be used on any other carrier. The bloatware and software will be updated from the carrier the sim card is with. Sometimes it stay with the manufacturer the device has been previously locked too but let's say u put Bell sim card and use them, the update will come from them. You won't get it from the manufacturer this way. You can root your device as long as the bootloader is unlocked and get updates that way But this does void the warranty.
I'm Here A Lot

So glad I have a Vodafone S6 Edge. I'm running Nougat as we speak, just installed it a few hours ago. If this was Rogers, I'd probably be waiting until the end of the year to get this update.

There's really no excuse for Rogers' late OS update release dates when carriers like Vodafone can release their OS updates really quick. The only thing Rogers being late proves is that the team that handles OS upgrades is incompetent.
I Plan to Stick Around

I just upgrade my Galaxy S7 Edge to Nougat.
I changed the CSC to Freedom Mobile and got the update then I changed the CBC back to Rogers. Everything is working. WIFI calling and very fast speed on lte.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @FelipeVancin

Very nice! Rogers is going to release the update on March 20th. So u should update to that one instead Smiley Happy
I've Been Here Awhile

Why waiting for the Rogers OS update? What is the benefit of this specific one over an other?