Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

That's wrong, for starters mine is direct from Sony. I was one of there ambassadors. My point being that I'm surprised Rogers would get the push for nougat over sony having it before a carrier. 2nd I do agree that even though it states that the update has been released I find that not every phone gets an update within a week of saying it's available. My Sony I believe is locked to Rogers, the conditions were that I have a Rogers account unless, they gave it to me unlocked. Would be nice to know
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Same old story than with Marshmallow when we had to wait more than 6 months with a "Coming soon" inscription on the upgrade schedule. "Soon" doesn't have the same meaning for Rogers I guess. Good luck for Nougat !

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bernatchez

While that is true, it does state " Making sure these dates are accurate is our top priority, Sometimes things change beyond our control so all dates listed are subject to change. "

So that does mean also that any little changes or anything they find right before it gets released will pushed back the update.

For the update that took almost 6 months alot was going on it seemed.
I've Been Here Awhile

When will Android 7.0 rollout for Samsung GS7 and Edge phones? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AKinger

If you take a look at the " OS Upgrade Schedule"thread you will see its listed as " Coming Soon"

Unfortunately no date at this time. When it updates, I'll post back Smiley Happy

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/thread-id/1
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix Thanks! I found this before I posted, but the date on that link is May 6, 2016...If coming soon means a year, then the rollout is right on target! lol

Sarcasm aside, I would think there is some better info by this point...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AKinger

If you look above right beside the date, u will see when it was last updated Smiley Happy. Many don't pay attention to that sadly and only pay attention to the date the post was made.

Unfortunately there isn't much other then " Coming Soon". They don't release more information until close to the date. Mind you that any date posted can be changed without notice Smiley Happy.
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix true enough, it literally says that right there...

Well, hopefully better information will be made available soon. The software is rolling out all over the world, and we seem to be on the trailing edge to receive it...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AKinger

Unfortunately no Canadian carrier has yet released it. Hopefully they do soon before the next Samsung Galaxy S device comes out Smiley Happy.
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like Rogers has released Nougat for MotoZ. Maybe we will see it soon for our S7s.
This is painful.