cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

HakimG
I've been around

Does anyone know when the Android 7.0 Nougat update will be available to phones like the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @HakimG

Unfortunately at this moment that information is no available. Please check the OS Upgrade Schedule thread from time to time and see for more updates.

View solution in original post

163 REPLIES 163

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @HakimG

Unfortunately at this moment that information is no available. Please check the OS Upgrade Schedule thread from time to time and see for more updates.

highka
I'm here a lot
Not anytime soon.

Generally unlocked versions start to get the update as early as December.
But for carrier versions, and especially Canadian carriers (and among those, especially Rogers) get much slower updates.

As for comparison, last year's flagship Galaxy S6 got its Marshmallow update in mid August of this year (Rogers).

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @highka

I would say in a couple of months but again check the upgrade schedule thread for more information or I'll post more information when it becomes available

Malek777
I plan to stick around
I'm guessing December. I just received the August patch with the new gallery and Samsung cloud. International variant totally rocks 😜

User4526
I've been around

Before any update can be release Rogers have to go through a rigourous process checking to make sure all bloatware apps take up as much ram as possible, run in the background and hang your phone as much as possible to ensure you do not get the benefits of the latest releases too early.

What would you do without the peel remote or the rogers app store?!?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @User4526

All depends on what is going on. Many don't understand or know what is going on in the back ground. Do remember the carriers can reject the software if it doesn't meet their standard and the manufacturers have to redo it just for them. Then carriers will have to rest it and make sure their bloatware works with the update.

bottleb
I plan to stick around

What 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bottleb

Agreed but there is alot more going on.

bottleb
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Kind of have to believe you. But without blaming any canadian operator in particular, we get updates at a very slow pace. But they are getting better. Getting monthly updates is now a thing (security updates). Just wondering why its so long for canadian telcos to approve updates. As soon as one of them puts priority on delivering quickly, user base will shift as its a huge selling point to stand out from the rest.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bottleb

Oh believe me that's why i have made many posts about it . It seems like they want to take their time to make sure the update is working well and make sure their bloatware is on.. I believe that it was they are doing

boogie123
I've been here awhile

Does anyone know when the latest google update for the pixel will be rolled out? I read, other pixel owners in Canada has already recieved the update

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @boogie123

All Google Pixel updates and security updates come from Google and the manufacturer who made the device. Rogers has no control over updates for that device.

Have you asked Google?.

Bcsc
I plan to stick around

If you would look at the Rogers update schedule you have mentioned in the past, you could have simply informed @boogie123 that it will be releasing on December 5.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Bcsc

Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't look at that page.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @boogie123

As per the Rogers Update Schedule Thread the update should come out on December 5th. Now not that this date can change at any time.

Please follow the link below.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/message-id/1#M1

bodDahguTs
I plan to stick around
So. As per this schedule i see no mve for 7.0 android on the galaxy s6????

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bidDahguTs

The update will come but not anytime soon. Unfortunately I forsee it coming sometime in the middle of next year. They have to receive the update, test it and make sure all works well and then release it..

bodDahguTs
I plan to stick around
Great thanks. I expected a wait. But upon not seeing 7.0 update in the list for the s6 i thought that meant not at all. I have no problem waiting. Marshmallow works great for me, ive noticed rogers release of the galaxy s6 does not have the overheating issues other carriers around the globe have claimed. Just another great reason to allow them to take their time!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bidDahguTs

No worries! They usually only out it up once they know when it will be released!

d_tomilson
I've been here awhile

Does this mean we should be seeing it soon? I don't want to flash it with a custom rom and forego warranty.