Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Hello @bottleb

Oh believe me that's why i have made many posts about it . It seems like they want to take their time to make sure the update is working well and make sure their bloatware is on.. I believe that it was they are doing
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Does anyone know when the latest google update for the pixel will be rolled out? I read, other pixel owners in Canada has already recieved the update

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @boogie123

All Google Pixel updates and security updates come from Google and the manufacturer who made the device. Rogers has no control over updates for that device.

Have you asked Google?.
I Plan to Stick Around

If you would look at the Rogers update schedule you have mentioned in the past, you could have simply informed @boogie123 that it will be releasing on December 5.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bcsc

Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't look at that page.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @boogie123

As per the Rogers Update Schedule Thread the update should come out on December 5th. Now not that this date can change at any time.

Please follow the link below.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/message-id/1#M1
I Plan to Stick Around

So. As per this schedule i see no mve for 7.0 android on the galaxy s6????
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bidDahguTs

The update will come but not anytime soon. Unfortunately I forsee it coming sometime in the middle of next year. They have to receive the update, test it and make sure all works well and then release it..
I Plan to Stick Around

Great thanks. I expected a wait. But upon not seeing 7.0 update in the list for the s6 i thought that meant not at all. I have no problem waiting. Marshmallow works great for me, ive noticed rogers release of the galaxy s6 does not have the overheating issues other carriers around the globe have claimed. Just another great reason to allow them to take their time!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bidDahguTs

No worries! They usually only out it up once they know when it will be released!