Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Does anyone know when the Android 7.0 Nougat update will be available to phones like the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

Hello @HakimG

Unfortunately at this moment that information is no available. Please check the OS Upgrade Schedule thread from time to time and see for more updates.
I'm Here A Lot

Not anytime soon.

Generally unlocked versions start to get the update as early as December.
But for carrier versions, and especially Canadian carriers (and among those, especially Rogers) get much slower updates.

As for comparison, last year's flagship Galaxy S6 got its Marshmallow update in mid August of this year (Rogers).
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @highka

I would say in a couple of months but again check the upgrade schedule thread for more information or I'll post more information when it becomes available
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm guessing December. I just received the August patch with the new gallery and Samsung cloud. International variant totally rocks 😜
I've Been Around

Before any update can be release Rogers have to go through a rigourous process checking to make sure all bloatware apps take up as much ram as possible, run in the background and hang your phone as much as possible to ensure you do not get the benefits of the latest releases too early.

What would you do without the peel remote or the rogers app store?!?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @User4526

All depends on what is going on. Many don't understand or know what is going on in the back ground. Do remember the carriers can reject the software if it doesn't meet their standard and the manufacturers have to redo it just for them. Then carriers will have to rest it and make sure their bloatware works with the update.

I Plan to Stick Around

What 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bottleb

Agreed but there is alot more going on.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Kind of have to believe you. But without blaming any canadian operator in particular, we get updates at a very slow pace. But they are getting better. Getting monthly updates is now a thing (security updates). Just wondering why its so long for canadian telcos to approve updates. As soon as one of them puts priority on delivering quickly, user base will shift as its a huge selling point to stand out from the rest.