Ace 2 dead

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Ace 2 dead

Ace2 Samsung battery dead just after 12 monthes .So now I have to buy new one out of my pocket. I do not spend my day on the phone so battery life should be ok (5 year old phone still works) If I have to pay for 2 or 3 year contract the phone should atleast last that long don't you think.....Rogers should back the products that  they push.........NOT IMPRESSED

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ace 2 dead

Smiley Happy what's the big deal? on Amazon you can find those batteries for $10
I'm a Senior Contributor

Rogers doesn't make the phone, Samsung does, so your directing you anger at the wrong company.

If you had problems with your service, then it would be warranted.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello brokeagain

Actually the warranty is offered by the manufacturer which in your case is Samsung. Rogers only carries the photos and sells it. Rogers doesn't not offer warranty on it or makes any rules..

You can buy a new or used battery for your devices via Rogers, Ebay, Cellphone store or any place that carriers it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

youd be suprised how many people who have a "broken" tv called their cable tv provider, i know cus i was at a friends house, his samsung tv wouldnt turn on, i told his dad i think it was the tv, his dad said nonsense, and picked up the phone and called and yelled at rogers, was blaming it on the cable box,  well what do u know, the technician came by and told him it was the TV.

when your tv breaks, you call the tv manufacturer/service centre for warranty, same when your radio or cell phone breaks. you call the manufacturer.  but lots of people dont know this or just make an uneducated assumption on whos responsibility it is

I've Been Here Awhile

You sell it you back it up

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello brokeagain

The manufacturers back it up, not the carriers. You can read this or speak to Samsung and they will tell you the same .

The manual that came with the phone in the box explains this very clear that the phone and battery has a 1 year manufacture limited warranty.

The carriers and manufactures aren't responsible if the battery or phone is damaged after the warranty. If you want to discuss it more, contact Samsung which will explain it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix is right, normally manufacturers take care of warranty claims... that being said Rogers actually has a feature (add-on) called 'device protection' so in cases like yours repairing or even replacing a phone becomes Rogers responsibility
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Smartwine

You are correct on most of it but u are incorrect on one thing. The Rogers protection is ONLY if your phone is damaged physical or any issues that has passed the warranty you will need to pay a fee from $100-$250 to get the same device u have.

"About Rogers Device Protection ServicesA service replacement fee of $25, $80, $120, or $200, based on your device will be charged when you make a request to replace your device. A full list of Service Replacement Fees by model is available atwww.phoneclaim.com/rogers. For full details, see the Device Protection Plan Terms & ConditionsYour same or like model replacement (new or refurbished) will be shipped out on the next business day, in most cases, when you let us know by 5 pm (EST).Devices are usually only eligible for enrolment within 15 days of new activation or upgrade.All postpaid wireless phones (including iPhone) and standard accessories including a standard battery, a standard charger, SIM card and memory card are covered.Replacement devices may be new or refurbished models, at Rogers discretion.Includes two replacements during a 12 month period.You may cancel your Device Protection Plan at any time.To request a device replacement, please call Rogers at 1 855 877-3887or visit www.phoneclaims.com/rogers

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/handset-protection#,handset-protection--2,
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i do want to add another thing, one benefit of a handset that is rogers branded/a handset that rogers carries/sells is that rogers handles the shipping to repair/service centres for phones that are certified and sold by them.  i also beleve they absorb the shipping charges and offer a loaner phone if one is available.    if you bought a phone NOT from rogers you do not qualify for this and have to Pay for shipping out of your pocket and do the  work yourself.  so it is nice that they are doing the extra step to ship it out for you.