4G LTE not working on Samsung s6

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nnjetha
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 4G LTE not working on Samsung s6

you just need to find out how to change the CSC on your version of android or on your phone.  you might have to google and dig around to find out how or ask wind.

Mediaman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

How does one display the current CSC code? That is, how do I know if I am already using a Rogers CSC code?

Mediaman

According to this link : http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/ ,
I can see my current CSC using *#1234#

On my Samsung Core SM-G386W, the FULL CSC shows as:
G386W OYA 1ANJ5

So I asssume my CSC code is "OYA" which is likely Wind.... and it needs to be RWC.

That same link provide instructions on how to chagne my CSC... but not sure I trust it.

I am on Android 4.2.2 .. the "lastest" for this phone as the moment.
nnjetha
I Plan to Stick Around

Just saw your link.. looks like some other tool to help change your CSC..   might be worth a shot.. if it works you get LTE, if it doesn't you might be able to recover with a factory reset and restore from Samsung Smartswitch

Mediaman

Ya but the finer print on that link points out that "requires root access on your Samsung Galaxy device", so this is all statting to sound quite messy. I may need to contact Rogers to ask for assistance... but might  get a 'sorry not supported above 3G" type response." 

Mediaman

UPDATE ..

THE GOOD ....

The great news is that I am now on LTE. I tried the 272 sequence again this morning, and for some reason it worked! I selected Rogers and let it do its thing. Works perfectly.

THE NOT SO GOOD ...

The dissapointment however is with Smart Switch. When I restored from yesterdays backup, it did not fully restore. I have some of my settings in place (perhaps the ones it read off the SD card), but none of my apps, pages are there. I will have to rebuild from scratch over the next few days. it a long manual process... but I dont really mind as now I have LTE service!

I tried different backups ( that I took at different times) and nothing is getting restored. All the pc desktop settings and desktop backup folders seem good, but its just not getting to the phone, despite all the confirmed window screen that my backups and restores have succeeded.

So I cant trust SmartSwitch for backups at this point. Thats really too bad as I do NOT want to back up my content to Samsung or Google servers. SmartSwitch was an ideal solution as it backed up to my pc.  I tried Samsung Kies but after it installs and I connect the phone, it says "Unsupported Device Alert - the connected device is support through SmartSwitch which is faster and more convenient"

As a test, I will make some minor changes, do a SmartSwitch backup,  remove the changes, and try one more time to see if SmartSwitch is restoring anything. Regardless, my old backups appear to be useless and I need to rebuild the phone back to where it was.

superish
I'm Here A Lot

@polishpat wrote:

@polishpat wrote:

Power off device, take out sim and power on. Ignore the no Sim message and then boot in safe mode as below

How to boot in safemode:

Power off phone, let stand for 1 minute. Turn on the phone by pressing Power + Volume Down, once the screen lights up, you can release the Power button but keep holding Volume Down until you get to lockscreen. 

If succesful, you should see a Safe Mode stamp on the bottom left. Once that's done, try going into settings and see if the LTE is available in network mode. If not, try manually selecting Rogers as a network operator.

If all fails, boot back up normally and try changing CSC to Rogers. First get your IMEI and write it down by pressing *#06#, then press *#272*YOUR IMEI HERE# and click RWC and click Install. This will factory reset your phone so make sure to backup before.

Forgot to mention to put your sim back in before booting in safemode

Hey guys,

So i was in a similar situation as OP but my phone is the Galaxy Note 5. I just bought it brand new from Wind and ended up switching from Wind to Fido because I lacked Wind reception in my apartment. But upon switching, I realized I had no access to LTE (just as the OP did).

So I did the solution above and it worked so I now have LTE access (YAY!) BUT I set it to FMC (for Fido) thinking that would be appropriate since I am with Fido. However, it just hit me that Fido doesn't offer the Galaxy Note 5 so I was wondering if having set the CSC code set to Fido would affect my ability to get OTA software updates on my phone and if it would be better to just set the CSC to RWC (for Rogers, since Fido and Rogers are the same company anyways) instead.

Also, would this at all impact my ability to receive Warranty support from Samsung?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Manish 😃

Knamkoong
I've Been Around

Galaxy Note4 and S6 have so many trouble under LTE for use phone call even if upgraded Andriod.At present Note4 and S6 have to use under G4.Rogers must fix this big trouble ASAP.
mateikav
I've Been Around

Well not really... but I just wanted to bounce something off of people who know more than me about cellular wireless. I'm sure many people have heard of the Nexus 6P 4G/LTE issues after the 6.0.1 update. I thought I had the issue for the longest time until I realized that I was dead wrong. let me explain...

Where I live I have no LTE..., but my work phone (Galaxy s6) and another family phone (LG G2) all show 4G (assumedly WiMax) in my area. Rarely they will switch to HSPA in a dead zone (In my area there are a few). When I got my 6P I assumed I had 4G, but never really noticed since I hopped onto my WiFi as soon as I started it up for the first time. When I updated the fresh phone to 6.0.1 it rebooted with WiFi off and voila I saw 3G/HSPA+. I figured something was terribly wrong - why did I update as soon as I saw it? Then I did some digging. I perused all the pages I could find explaining possible fixes for the 4G/LTE issues. I even went as far as a factory reset, flashing back to 6.0, and fiddling with the cellular band settings. Nothing changed.

Fast forward to today: I downloaded 2 cellular network analyzers onto all my phones and what I discovered was a bit embarrassing. As it turns out (assuming the apps are correct), All my phones were on UMTS/HSPA+ or HSPA at worst. My S6 and G2 showed 4G on my status bar when in UMTS and HSPA+ and only showed a little "H" once HSPA signal could only be found. On my 6P, however, the status bar correlated closer with what the app was seeing - it would show 3G or "H" in HSPA+ and UMTS.

Not being quite sure I went to the Rogers coverage map: yep, there is no 4G-type coverage here, only HSPA+. Wow, I feel like my self-assumed tech-expertise has been knocked down a peg. But I want to confirm what I'm finding. Does this all make sense? In any case, when I'm in an actual LTE zone I have no issues. 

CoastMtns
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung S6 poor signal..always

I have a Samsung S6 Android Version 7.0

My "Network Mode" appears to be set as: GSM/HSPA/LTE (auto connect)

I am always having signal issues. My wife has an iPhone, also with Rogers, and she has no issues. The times I am having issues getting a signal she has no problems.

Any suggestions? Settings? 

Thanks, R