upgrade new phone would extend the contract period?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

upgrade new phone would extend the contract period?

Hi,

I am thinking to upgrade my phone, however I am wondering if this would extending my 2 years contract?

***EDITED LABELS***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: upgrade new phone would extend the contract period?

Hello @ hhartadi1

You're contract will renew. This means you will start a new 2 year contract with Rogers. Only way out of this is buying the phone outright and continue with you're current contract.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Meowmix,

could you elaborate about " buying the phone outright" ?

I will pay the outstanding phone cost balance (current phone)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hhartadi1

It means that you have to pay full price for your new phone so that means that you don’t have to restart a new contract. So let’s see a new iPhone 11 cost 1500, then you will pay $1,500 for the phone so you don't sign a new 2 year contract.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the point of people signing a contract is to avoid paying the full price of the handset and subsidizing it so you pay a lower upfront fee for the expensive handset and commit to using it for 2 years. but also remember, these handsets are expensive not cheap so be careful with it and try not to break it or damage it, cus once your locked in a contract, a replacement phone will cost you the full outright price not a subsidized price you got a discount on