unwanted phone calls every day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: unwanted phone calls every day

i heard the DNCL.gc sold that do not call list to a list of american telemarketers.
other useful info can be found on the wiki.
I Plan to Stick Around

one of the funny things though...you shouldn't even have to put your cellular number on the do not call list...telemarketers are NOT ALLOWED to call cellular numbers, it's against the law!

I've Been Here Awhile

Unless they work for rogers, where as it's the customers fault for putting their celluar number as their  contact number. js.

I've Been Here Awhile

If a toll free number is calling you, then answer it. find out who they are, so no to everything they are selling and then ask to be put on their do not call list.

be firm in saying no and dont explain why instead ask to be put on their "do not call list"

I've Been Around

In regards to Cell phones there is a law that most telemarketing companies have to follow, this doesn't apply to certain ones, I think like government etc.  But if you tell them that they are calling your cell phone, take me off the list they legally are obgliated to as with a cell phone you pay for your minutes, unlike a landlines where it is free.  They can get in big trouble if they call again after you have told them that they are calling your cell phone and to take the number of the list.

I haven't got a marketing call in 2 years.  All I have is a cell phone

I've Been Here Awhile

Keep in mind the national do not call list does not apply to charities, political parties, or companies you have registered with.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Agreed. If you register to a company with your cell phone number or a charity they will call you no matter if you put it in the DNCL. You put the number down so tech its your fault not theirs. They follow rules

Also the Call manager is free with your plan. You do not pay it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Call manager is indeed $5 / month.  One may be able to ask customer service for a trial of it though. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

No its free. Its supposed to come with your plan. I do not pay for it since it came with my plan. here is more proff..

"Common Features Include:
Already included: Call Waiting, Group Calling, Call Forwarding5.
Additional Opt-In Features: WhoCalledTM, Call ManagerTM.
Additional Minutes: 40¢ per minute.
"

Additional opt-in means you can get it for no extra charge. Call & ask & tell them you saw it on teh website. They will add it for u for no extra cost. So many have it for free....
Ahttp://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=WLRS_Plans

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Weird stuff, I checked that link you provided and did see it as an opt-in feature. I didn't find anywhere specifically indicating it was free though.

Found this link:
http://www.rogers.com/web/content/add-ons/callingservices?setLanguage=en&setProvince=PE

That site also indicates WhoCalled as a paid feature.

Seems to indicate the first 2 months are free for call manager though.

Cheers,
Howatt