unwanted phone calls every day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: unwanted phone calls every day

Opt-in means " additional options include" if you do not believe me then call in :-) i havent paid for call manager for 2 years now... On my bill it shows all the above ans then it minus the underneath.
I Plan to Stick Around

That is quite cool. I've always been told you have to pay for it. Might be something interesting to look into Smiley Happy. Thanks for the tip!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

call manager indeed is a chargable service however some people are getting confused. If you have any plans that were featured on the FIRST LINK, then it is essentially included as a free opt in for THOSE PLANS, however if you have A DIFFERENT PLAN ALTOGETHER THAT IS NOT LISTED ON THAT PAGE, then indeed there is a $5 /mo price. i have a plan THAT IS NOT LISTED ON THAT FIRST LINK, my plan does not incorporate those features so I AM REQUIRED TO PAY FOR CALL MANAGER.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

This is true but if you ask them they might be able to put it on for free. My plan isnt the same as those either but i and others are getting it for free. Just talk to retentions and they will add it for free
I've Been Around

This is an absolute joke that Rogers allows all these complaints about unsolicited calls and does nothing to address the problem other than charge you more for the option to "protect yourself" by buying their special service.

It is absolutely untrue that the telemarketers will take your # off their call list, as I have asked the Rogers telemarketers (from the same calling number) to do this any number of times (at least 4 time), only to continue getting harrassing phonecalls from them, often on  daily basis.

As far as a I'm concerned, I am now looking for a way to report them to a regulatory authority that may give a _ about this.

I'm Here A Lot

Let me guess... we have to pay for this option? Smiley Wink

Why should I have to pay MORE for my services to stop these calls? Shouldn't this be the responsibility of the business?

It's about time Rogers spent some money on helping their customers instead of mediocre professional sports teams!

(yes, I'm frustrated with all of the duct cleaning calls I've been getting for the last year or so)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ya? And how does it work on numbers that come up as "Private Caller"?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It DOESNT... unless you set it up, to not allow ANY number through that come up this way.. but that would then block any potential LEGIT calls as well.

I've Been Here Awhile

Don't buy any call blocking service from Rogers. In case you haven't figured it out the telecoms (especially Rogers) in Canada charge Canadians for things they should just do in order to provide the service you're ALREADY overpaying for!

Since when do companies get to charge extra for providing a service properly?  This is what it's come to in Canada. I swear  we are a testing ground for corporations to see how much they can get away with up here.

Once the public agrees to pay for something that fee then becomes part of their profit and they will NEVER give it up even if call blocking becomes obsolete.  That's why we're paying $5.00 per gb for bandwidth (the highest cost for bandwidth in the industrialized world), because some aspects of Rogers video profits are becoming obsolete!

Download iblacklist (I think it's about $12 and there's a trial). You can block whole ranges of numbers with it too so you never have to get a call from entire continents again. Or better yet, get a prepaid plan which gives you caller ID for free (because it doesn't actually cost anyone anything in the first place) and get iblacklist and you won't have to worry about getting a $3000 phone bill!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

how bout i just dont answer, not sure but it sounds like your affiliated wih iblacklist and using your hatrid towards rogers to bank on publicity? is that so?