“@“ symbol appearing after sms text

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

“@“ symbol appearing after sms text

I’ve been texting between several different people, all who are Rogers users and have been experiencing “@“ showing up after a sms text has been received. The receiving party also says that after some of my messages it appears. It doesn’t happen after every message, only some. Anyone else?

Re: “@“ symbol appearing after sms text

Good evening SParent,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your first post.

Having an @ symbol show up at the end of your received SMS messages is a mystery. 
We can certainly give you a hand in tracking down what might be going on. First, can you let the Community know what model of phone you have? Also, have you tried to delete one of the conversations where this is happening from your messenger app completely to see if it clears up?

Regards,
RogersTim   

I've Been Around

I am having the same issue since yesterday morning.

I am using a Samsung S7, Android version 8.0.0 on the Rogers network.

I've Been Here Awhile

I received a messages yesterday with an @ symbol, then after that I was told I was sending them out. It must be some sort of malware or virus. I am not sure how to get rid of it, I deleted the messages but didn't help.
I've Been Here Awhile

I’ve done the same by deleting messages and still today this is happening. I’m using an iPhone 8
I've Been Around

I've been having the same issue both on incoming and outgoing messages for the last 24 hours. Only on some messages I send though, not all. I have a Samsung S9
I've Been Around

The @ symbol has been appearing at the end of some of my text too I'm told, and I get them on my friends text as well, but not every one. 

This started yesterday.

I have a Iphone xr , they're using a samsung something or other.

I've Been Around

I am also getting the same messages with @ symbols, both in my texts and from others. I have an iPhone 7

I've Been Here Awhile

RogersTim,
Seems a few people are having this issue. Do you know what is going on? I received at text yesterday morning with the @ symbol then I started sending it out. I don't think it's exclusive to Rogers because my daughter is not with Rogers and is having the same thing happen. Is there any solution?

Hey Community,

Thank you for posting the issue you’re experiencing with SMS and the troubleshooting you’ve already attempted. 

If you haven’t contacted our Wireless Support already, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps and we can look into it further.

If you are not familiar with our private messaging system please Click Here.

Thanks,

RogersTim