security breach?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

security breach?

Just got an e-mail supposedly from Rogers. Anyone have any more info on it? Here's part of what it said. It also links to an offer from TransUnion. Is this e-mail legit?

"We are writing to inform you about a recent situation with a Rogers service provider that involves your account information.

What Happened?

On February 26, 2020, Rogers became aware that one of our external service providers had inadvertently made information available online that provided access to a database managed by the service provider. We immediately made sure the information was removed.

Rogers is also making complimentary credit monitoring service available to you through TransUnion for one year.  This includes:

• Daily access to your credit score on TransUnion’s website, as well as credit report monitoring and alerts of key changes
  • Monitoring hidden websites where personal information might be made available to unauthorized users
  • Up to $50,000 in fraud identify insurance should your information be compromised

***Edited Labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: security breach?

Here in NB as well.  Ignite Customer.

Webster

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps comments and confirmation/denial please.

I'm Here A Lot

I assume many Rogers users will be receiving an email stating that their account information was breached in late Feb. Compensation of a free credit monitoring service isn’t going to cut it. I’m not happy and you guys need to own up to this serious event. I’ve been a customer for over two decades and I’ve poured thousands of dollars into big red only to receive this troubling news.

I've Been Here Awhile

I just received it too. If this is true. How many customers are affected, and why so late in letting me know? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Who EXACTLY was the external party that published, leaked, and failed to protect sensitive Rogers customer information and why EXACTLY was it provided to them in the first place?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I Plan to Stick Around

The silence on this is deafening.

Webster

Hello, Community.

Thanks for checking with us. We take the protection of our customers’ personal information very seriously. Unfortunately, it’s a genuine communication. For more information, you can visit rogers.com/customer-notice.

Regards,

RogersMoin

I'm Here A Lot

Unacceptable...a credit monitoring service isn’t going to cut it. I’m ready to cut the cord once and for all.